Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Headlight/Fog light bulb website

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 09:34 AM

Received 196 Likes on 163 Posts

Default Headlight/Fog light bulb website

In doing some research on the net, I came across a website with a lot of info on headlight/Fog light bulbs. It's at bestheadlightbulbs.com. It does not cover aftermarket lights that you add to your vehicle such as Rigid, Hella, Baja Designs, etc.. It has info, reviews, buyers guide, tests and comparisons on replacement and upgrade bulbs for Headlights, Fog lights, Interior lights and license light bulbs. Also has info on Projector vs. reflector, Kelvin, brightness, etc.. It covers Halogen, HID and LED.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:38 AM
Banned

Received 515 Likes on 451 Posts

Cool but a heads up... these kind of sites are designed to generate revenue by charging companies to be part of their study. We've had multiple companies approach us but we always refuse. We do offer to send free kits out but will never pay a company to include us in the comparisons.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:49 AM

Received 196 Likes on 163 Posts

This is true. However, it does have information, and may answer a lot of questions that someone may have if they are not familiar with lighting. There is no requirement to purchase from the site. They would come to you for that
Old 03-29-2017, 11:56 AM
Banned

Yeah it has some good info from what I read and it's laid out nice. Sites like this however are designed to bring them money... anytime you click a link it's done via their amazon affiliate, which means they get a small % of the sale. So that's why you only see amazon products

That's why you see the amazon brands listed.. Kensun, Opt7, JDM, MicTuning... no real brands like Diode Dynamics, Morimoto, StreetGlow

Last edited by 230748; 03-29-2017 at 11:59 AM.
Old 03-30-2017, 12:28 AM
F150 Forum

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After being in the automotive lighting business for well over a decade, not once has any entity approached us to pay for any comparisons. What entities are really proposing this?
Old 03-30-2017, 08:14 AM
Banned

Really? Because we get emails every month from people doing reviews, youtubers, comparisson sites, etc... all looking for free stuff or paid endorsements (i will NEVER pay for an endorsement, if anything I MAY give free equipment to a youtuber who does honest reviews, but I always check their videos beforehand to see what kind of content they put out).

The worst I hate is when I see youtubers who do reviews every other week and they show all these different products (similar products) and every week it's "this is the best we've tested" - a lot of these folks do paid endorsements from companies such as AuxBeam, OPT7 and other well known amazon sites.

That's how OPT7 actually has so many amazon reviews. They give out TONS of free product in exchange for good reviews.

It's actually been such a big problem with the "fake" reviews and "fake" endorsements amazon has a very strict policy against it.

There's been TONS of sights where you can signup to get either FREE or PAID to endorse products sold on amazon.

Last edited by 230748; 03-30-2017 at 08:17 AM.