Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Head Light and Fog Light HID Kits?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Head Light and Fog Light HID Kits?

I have seen many of these HID Kits on Ebay
Fog Light:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blue-Xenon-HID-slim-Conversion-Kit-Low-Beam-HIgh-Beam-Fog-Lights-Driving-Bright-/261035984289?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2005%7CModel%3AF-150&hash=item3cc6f505a1&vxp=mtr
Head Light
http://www.ebay.com/itm/9006-6000k-HID-XENON-LIGHT-2-BULBS-BALLASTS-CONVERSION-KIT-LOW-BEAM-HEADLIGHT-/121071715666?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2005%7CModel%3AF-150&hash=item1c306fc552&vxp=mtr
and my simple question is do they really work?
Are they worth the money?
Old 02-17-2015, 12:27 PM

Received 570 Likes on 473 Posts

Do they "work" is subjective. Yes they produce light. No it's not good light. Scattered light all over the place.

Plug n play HID kits in reflector housings are horrible for any oncoming traffic. Either look into a retrofit ($1000 +) or just buy some damn good halogens (Philips X-treme power worked well in my 2006). I wish PnP HID kits would just go away.
Old 02-17-2015, 06:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MCDavis
Do they "work" is subjective. Yes they produce light. No it's not good light. Scattered light all over the place.

Plug n play HID kits in reflector housings are horrible for any oncoming traffic. Either look into a retrofit ($1000 +) or just buy some damn good halogens (Philips X-treme power worked well in my 2006). I wish PnP HID kits would just go away.
Mr.Davis is correct.

Please use common sense and respect for others and never place HIDs in non projector beam housings.It was and will never be designed to do so.Here is a perfect example.Z71 driving around near all of us, us being all 4x4s parked up at the church today.I said hey brother,do you know that your headlights and fog lights are blinding oncoming traffic? His response was a shoulder shrug and I dont care....Please dont be that guy!

What I am doing is buying the Mini H1 Morimoto and installing my self with pre purchased Philips HID kit sold under the German Hylux name.Same components,just doesnt have Philips stamped into the Aluminum housing.Sold on E#%y for roughly $75 Dollars with Bulbs.
Total cost for all parts $205.00 and it will be correct for the road.

Let me know if you need links and any help finding components.
The following users liked this post:
MCDavis (02-17-2015)
Old 02-17-2015, 06:28 PM
MAH

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Hate them!

I have become very tired of hearing about all of these people attempting PNP HID's in OEM housings. I realize some just do not realize what they are doing, but the results are the same blinding glare we all hate. I have just decided to flash them with my properly aimed and focused high beams to give them a taste of what they are giving everyone else. Of course my brights are much brighter but what can you do? I do feel guilty about beaming surrounding traffic but I try and isolate these annoying hid people when possible. Hopefully they bought a really cheap kit that will break or burn out quickly.

Enough of my ranting.
The following users liked this post:
MCDavis (02-17-2015)
Old 02-18-2015, 10:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate_N_TN
Mr.Davis is correct.

Please use common sense and respect for others and never place HIDs in non projector beam housings.It was and will never be designed to do so.Here is a perfect example.Z71 driving around near all of us, us being all 4x4s parked up at the church today.I said hey brother,do you know that your headlights and fog lights are blinding oncoming traffic? His response was a shoulder shrug and I dont care....Please dont be that guy!

What I am doing is buying the Mini H1 Morimoto and installing my self with pre purchased Philips HID kit sold under the German Hylux name.Same components,just doesnt have Philips stamped into the Aluminum housing.Sold on E#%y for roughly $75 Dollars with Bulbs.
Total cost for all parts $205.00 and it will be correct for the road.

Let me know if you need links and any help finding components.
Yes I find your response very helpful. I was not aware of this issue.
Please do share with me the link where I can get my HID's properly.
Old 02-18-2015, 10:22 AM

Received 570 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by kilo2018
Yes I find your response very helpful. I was not aware of this issue.
Please do share with me the link where I can get my HID's properly.
What year is your truck?

EDIT...I found it...2005

Look at [MENTION=122444]bilinvic Retrofits[/MENTION] as Bil has what you need.
Found here: http://www.bilinvic-retrofits.com/re...-packages.html
Scroll down the page.

Quick Reply: Head Light and Fog Light HID Kits?