Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Grill Lights Install

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 03:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grill Lights Install

F150 Grill Light Install

Lights:http://a.co/6ay3SE0
Wiring Harness: http://a.co/55Dv2QG

The hardest part about putting these lights on was figuring out where they would fit in the grill while still putting out a decent amount of light.

I decided to mount them here, underneath the grill on the outward side of the frame of the grill.

The wiring was relatively easy. I ran wires up, under the hood to the fuse and the relay which was mounted next to the battery. The wire ran into the cab through a grommet on the driver side of the firewall.

The lights put out a decent amount of light, but I can tell that they were not meant to be put vertical (compared to horizontal). I will be mounting them somewhere else soon (probably underneath the tow hooks near the wind dam). They look good and put out a lot of light, not in the direction I want, but if you want to see some tops of trees, they work great!

Old 03-05-2017, 10:19 AM

Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts

Unless those lights put out a perfectly round light pattern, you should keep the mounted horizontally. Typically, the pattern on a light like that is wider than it is tall so, by mounting it like you have it, it's the opposite and will give you a lot of glare. I have a set of hyperspots mounted the same way you do. The reason went with them is because the beam pattern is a circle so it really doesn't make any difference how they're mounted.
Old 03-21-2017, 05:44 AM

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Default Raptor style grille lights

Now you need a set of White Raptor style grille light from customautoworksstore.com 79.00 free shipping
Old 03-21-2017, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Bowhunter3D

Now you need a set of White Raptor style grille light from customautoworksstore.com 79.00 free shipping

Those look awesome! I've been looking at doing some Raptor lights, just haven't done them yet. I remounted mine so they're underneath the bumper.

Old 03-21-2017, 12:30 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What relay did you end up using? I just picked up similar lights and am looking to do a similar setup.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by txraptor
What relay did you end up using? I just picked up similar lights and am looking to do a similar setup.
I used this one
Mictuning Harness from Amazon
I think that they'll really help out in the snow when combined with the OEM fogs.