Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

EP 27 Electronic Flasher-trouble when engine starts

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2018, 07:24 PM

Received 124 Likes on 67 Posts

Default EP 27 Electronic Flasher-trouble when engine starts

Guys and Girls,

So I was patting myself for a job well done when I removed the stock flasher relay and installed my electronic one from EBay. No more hyper flash due to LEDs. The 4 way flashers and right/left signals worked perfectly.

I get in to move the truck into the garage and decided to see how they look at night with the engine running......things went south quickly. The indicators were dim as were the front turn signals and the flasher itself had a weak, faint clicking sound not as during the test (with the engine off).

If I turn off the engine, all is well and everything reverted back to normal.

Before I wear out the US Mail sending stuff back, has anyone experienced this with an electronic flasher? I'm inclined to think it's just spotty Chinese quality but I'd love to hear from you all.

I have a 2004 FX4 with LED Sylvania Zevos in the turn signals and brake lights/park lights by the way.

QR

Last edited by QuickRick52; 02-25-2018 at 08:23 PM. Reason: left out details
Old 02-25-2018, 08:58 PM

Received 3,042 Likes on 1,680 Posts

Originally Posted by QuickRick52
Guys and Girls,

So I was patting myself for a job well done when I removed the stock flasher relay and installed my electronic one from EBay. No more hyper flash due to LEDs. The 4 way flashers and right/left signals worked perfectly.

I get in to move the truck into the garage and decided to see how they look at night with the engine running......things went south quickly. The indicators were dim as were the front turn signals and the flasher itself had a weak, faint clicking sound not as during the test (with the engine off).

If I turn off the engine, all is well and everything reverted back to normal.

Before I wear out the US Mail sending stuff back, has anyone experienced this with an electronic flasher? I'm inclined to think it's just spotty Chinese quality but I'd love to hear from you all.

I have a 2004 FX4 with LED Sylvania Zevos in the turn signals and brake lights/park lights by the way.

QR
Get the Novita EP-27. Yours is probably junk unfortunately. I’ve run that flasher and Zevos in front and rear for a couple years now without any issues.
Old 02-26-2018, 11:52 AM

Default EP 27 flasher

Thanks 2008 XL,

It's what I'd hoped was the case and you confirmed it.

This is a big help!

QR
Old 02-26-2018, 07:03 PM

Received 3,042 Likes on 1,680 Posts

Originally Posted by QuickRick52
Thanks 2008 XL,

It's what I'd hoped was the case and you confirmed it.

This is a big help!

QR
Glad to help!

With a better quality EP-27, everything will be plug n play and you’ll have no issues.

Zevo’s are a good choice.
Old 02-27-2018, 05:38 PM

Default LED Flasher

So I went to my local big box auto store and bought/installed a Novita EP-27 flasher relay and all is well. On an older truck that has a flasher, this job may take 15 minutes if you take your time so it is a no-brainer.

QR
The following users liked this post:
2008__XL (03-01-2018)

Quick Reply: EP 27 Electronic Flasher-trouble when engine starts