Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Diode Dynamics Switchback Halo's installed on my 2013 Projectors

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 10:50 PM

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Default Diode Dynamics Switchback Halo's installed on my 2013 Projectors

So I decided to change up my modified OEM projectors with the upgraded Hella projectors, 5000K CBI bulbs and 55 watt ballast that have been on the truck since I brought it home. I have wanted to add a set of Halo's to them, but couldn't find just what I was looking for.

Here are the before pictures;

I recently finally found the Diode Dynamics Halo's for the 13/14 F150's and bought a pair of them. While I didn't capture any pictures of them in the switchback mode they do dim when the heads come on and switch to amber for the turn signal function.

During the rebuild, I thought I would black out some of the chrome and just leave the "C"clamp area around the Halo chrome. I proceeded to mask the chrome off and sprayed the buckets with my black paint. When I pulled the tape off of the buckets some of the chrome came with it. As a result I ended up with a bigger change than I planned on. I ended up painting the full headlight bucket black to match the truck. I also filled in the area around the F150 in the headlight black to highlight it a bit more, not sure why Ford didn't do this from the factory.

Here are a few shots of them after the install, but before the headlight films had fully cleared up.

Let me know what you think.
The following users liked this post:
Diode Dynamics (10-28-2016)