Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Buyer Beware: Spyder Projector Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 12:08 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Buyer Beware: Spyder Projector Headlights

Not sure if I just got a bad pair or not, but in case I didn't, I want to warn you all before buying these. They are built very cheaply and it is obvious. Inside the light housing on one of the two headlights of mine is a connection that constantly touches and causes a short. It hasn't been any big deal but here is the real kicker. I can't use my high beams because the heat of the bulb melts the lens. Luckily I noticed this before I melted a hole! These headlights look very cool and are unique but are flawed. If your in the market for new headlights, please take this into consideration if your looking at the Spyder smoked projector headlights.
Attached Images  
The following 2 users liked this post by igotrockstars:
arent_we_sarcastic (08-04-2013), ForcedInductionX2+ (04-27-2013)
Old 06-25-2012, 01:17 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Is this the ccfl or LED halo's? Ive got the same exact style except in CCFL and right out the box one of them was already broken. Sent it back and received a new pair that has been working flawlessly for the past few months. Havnt had a problem with the heat of the brights but i will keep an eye out now that youve mentioned it!
Old 06-25-2012, 01:23 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the $200 pair, their not ccfl so they must be LED. I noticed the problem pretty quickly, I'd say after two weeks. If you've been using your high beams and it hasn't melted yet, I'd say your all good ha. I know other people that have had the same melting problem with different styles of these lights (2011 ford f150, same deal, high beans melted lens all the way through.)
Old 06-25-2012, 02:01 AM

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

my friend had the same problem with his clear ones. told him to junk them an get the lightning headlights an HID's like I did an he loves them
Old 06-25-2012, 06:23 AM
Bruski

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by igotrockstars
Not sure if I just got a bad pair or not, but in case I didn't, I want to warn you all before buying these. They are built very cheaply and it is obvious. Inside the light housing on one of the two headlights of mine is a connection that constantly touches and causes a short. It hasn't been any big deal but here is the real kicker. I can't use my high beams because the heat of the bulb melts the lens. Luckily I noticed this before I melted a hole! These headlights look very cool and are unique but are flawed. If your in the market for new headlights, please take this into consideration if your looking at the Spyder smoked projector headlights.
I had those exact same headlights about a year ago and the same thing happened to me. They sent me a new set, got to keep the olds after the lenses had damage already. they wouldn't send me the same set, said it was a defect and would happen again. I got the chrome ones and tinted them black. The black housing ones that have the chrome reflectors for the turn signals will show through the tint and look a little funny. Haven't had a problem with this set, have 8k HIDs for high and low beams.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:45 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I've been running mine over a year now and they are great for me
Attached Thumbnails Buyer Beware: Spyder Projector Headlights-image-2277568212.jpg  
Old 06-29-2012, 08:55 AM

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Forrest150
I've been running mine over a year now and they are great for me
I think it may just be the 97-03 model style that have the problem cuz every single person I know with those lights on a 97-03 has had the problems stated above
Old 07-05-2012, 05:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had mine for a few months with no problems. I have an 07
Attached Thumbnails Buyer Beware: Spyder Projector Headlights-image-3657612401.jpg  
Old 07-20-2012, 03:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there a way to adjust the level of the light on these?
Old 04-04-2013, 06:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I agree Crap Lights

Installed my new smoke headlights and after only a 6 hour drive melted both lens..... and of course
no one will respond to my plea for help

So Buyer be warned...

Quick Reply: Buyer Beware: Spyder Projector Headlights