Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Aux. Fuse Block for lighting

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2017, 07:55 AM

Received 196 Likes on 163 Posts

Default Aux. Fuse Block for lighting

I have a '12 Polaris Ranger 800HD, which I have a few lights on. About this time last year I decided to get rid of the spider wire and build an actual harness for the lights, install the proper switches, and install a Blue Sea fuse block. Which I did. Since I also have a few lights on the truck, at the same time I bought a second fuse block to do add to the truck. After I was thru with the Buggy, I was gonna tackle the truck. I have an '11 Lariat. Problem was, as some of you know, there is little to no room to add one. So I kept putting it off. A few weeks ago I decided to just get 'er done. First I needed a plate to mount the fuse block on. I used a piece of 2" billet aluminum flat bar to make those. Then I used a piece of 1 1/2" flat bar to fashion mounting brackets. I mounted the fuse block on an elevated platform next to the battery. Not the best looking thing around, but functional. Besides, with my back I had to be very careful with bending and stooping. Once I was ready to mount the fuse block, I marked the existing wiring for the lights. Then I ran all new wires thru the radiator support in two wire looms. One contained the power lead to the lights. The other contains the leads for the remote control units. The HID driving lights are hard wired, while the LED driving and Halogen fogs are on remote control units with fobs. Once I had the new wire ran, I yanked all the old spider wire, made the connections and it worked!!
Attached Thumbnails Aux. Fuse Block for lighting-16july01_0006aw.jpg   Aux. Fuse Block for lighting-16july05_0029aw.jpg   Aux. Fuse Block for lighting-16june28_0036aw.jpg   Aux. Fuse Block for lighting-17aug11_0030aw.jpg   Aux. Fuse Block for lighting-17aug11_0031aw.jpg  

Aux. Fuse Block for lighting-17aug11_0042aw.jpg   Aux. Fuse Block for lighting-17aug13_0028aw.jpg   Aux. Fuse Block for lighting-17aug17_0006bw.jpg   Aux. Fuse Block for lighting-17aug17_0012aw.jpg  
Old 09-24-2017, 09:11 AM

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Ha - "great minds" and all....