Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Anzo Projector Headlights Review

Old 07-05-2017, 12:44 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Anzo Projector Headlights Review

Hey guys I picked up some Anzo projector headlights over the weekend at sale price around $494.00 from Stage 3 Motorsports. The headlights came fully packaged and secured in the box without any damage. The headlights are superbly (don't think that is a word) made and well constructed. No gap in the plastic for water to get in and all the electrical connections were secured tightly in the housing. There is no wiring and is plug and play. These headlights fit all models WITH OEM halogen lamps. There is a separate set for the OEM Led lamps. Before to check which your truck comes with before buying.
Install time: approx. 5 hours
Install level: 4 on a scale of 10
Hassle: Only issue I had is with Ford itself, in order to get to the headlight housings there is about 18 bolts 6 plastic plugs and you have to pop the stock fender flare halfway off to get to 2 bolts and a plug. Other than that it was a smooth install.

Overall Review: The headlights came in secure packaging with no movement at all, while the install took me longer than the approx. 4 hours time that was stated on the Anzo website. Overall the headlights look 10x better than stock and have a brighter output on the low and high beams. The led outline bar adds an aggressive look to the front of the truck also.

Headlights advertised on Stage 3 Motorsports

OEM Headlights:

After Anzo Projector Headlights install:

The following users liked this post:
chino5.0 (07-28-2020)
Old 07-05-2017, 04:23 PM
Banned

Received 515 Likes on 451 Posts

Looks good. I waited about 6-8 months to pull the trigger on my own truck for the Anzos but glad I did. They just make the truck look at lot better. The black switchbacks seem to be the most popular and look great.

The install should take a first timer a few hours to do. 5 Hours seems a bit extensive in my opinion (the first time I took my headlights out it was about an hour per side).

If you watch some youtube videos (Anzo has a good one) it makes it easier.
The following users liked this post:
chino5.0 (07-28-2020)
Old 07-05-2017, 04:48 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I was in the process of replacing the headlights and some other things so I should of stated that it is around 2-3 hours at most for the install. Yeah they seem to be the go-to for headlights at this time.

Originally Posted by 4x4TruckLEDS.com
Looks good. I waited about 6-8 months to pull the trigger on my own truck for the Anzos but glad I did. They just make the truck look at lot better. The black switchbacks seem to be the most popular and look great.

The install should take a first timer a few hours to do. 5 Hours seems a bit extensive in my opinion (the first time I took my headlights out it was about an hour per side).

If you watch some youtube videos (Anzo has a good one) it makes it easier.
The following 2 users liked this post by dprice:
chino5.0 (07-28-2020), trixi619 (02-24-2020)
Old 07-05-2017, 04:51 PM
Banned

Now adays they are the most popular headlight option on the 2015+ F150s we're finding. Even the LED upgrades we sell are all for the Anzo Housings over the stock Halogens. Last year the stock halogens were what everybody was upgrading. Today though, we get more orders for the Anzo housings and/or H7 bulbs then any other bulb. So it's by far the most popular choice and for good reason. They just look great.

Like most have said, the projectors are not as great as you'd expect BUT they are priced very fairly. If they priced them at say $800 nobody would buy them, even with higher quality projectors. So they are a great price point and great quality for what you are paying. MOST of us don't need a custom made $1,000 projection system (although that'd be nice).

I know some folks have taken them apart and replaced the projectors but I don't see a need to. They work great with aftermarket bulbs (the stock bulbs are not as desirable).

If you've yet to upgrade them you should look into it. We sell an LED Upgrade kit and Stage3 has LED upgrade kits available on their site as well for this.
Old 07-06-2017, 08:13 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I just installed my Anzos and was wondering if anyone has had issues with their LEDs not fitting inside projector? I can't even install them.
Old 07-06-2017, 10:03 PM
Banned

What kind of LEDs are you using... what kind of fitment issues are you having
Old 07-06-2017, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by 4x4TruckLEDS.com
What kind of LEDs are you using... what kind of fitment issues are you having
I purchased some H7 Leds from JDM Astar just wanting to see if I would like leds as headlights and they do not even fit in the projector. The hole on the Anzo housing is too small.
Old 07-06-2017, 10:34 PM
Banned

Can you post a link so I can take a look and offer some advise on getting them to fit.

I can tell you on some of our XHP50/XHP70 bulbs we've had customers state they had to grind a bit of the opening on the anzos slightly to make the bulb fit. You may need to do that but I don't know how tight the fit is with the JDM's
Old 07-06-2017, 10:37 PM

http://jdmastar.com/product/231/4S-H...-Set-of-2.html

I bought 2 sets of these for both highs and lows
Old 07-06-2017, 10:40 PM
Banned

So is it the top/end of the bulb that's not fitting OR is it the base of it, where the H7 plug comes off of the bulb, that isn't small enough to fit in the cavity

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anzo Projector Headlights Review