Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Anzo led taillight issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anzo led taillight issue

I have a 2014 fx4 I put in anzo led taillights with the supplied resistor packs and have hyper flash, contacted anzo they sent me new lights and resistor packs and still the same issue, contacted them again and spoke to my 4th tech support guy who says that the 2014 won't work with their lights due to the mirror turn signals being wired into the turn signal circuit and that any other yr the light weren't tied into the turn signal circuit, which to me sounds like pure bs any suggestions would be helpful. I know 2 people with 2013s and these same light and never had hyper flash so I'm really lost
Old 05-05-2015, 05:18 PM
MGD
former member

Received 856 Likes on 613 Posts

Originally Posted by lineman456
I have a 2014 fx4 I put in anzo led taillights with the supplied resistor packs and have hyper flash, contacted anzo they sent me new lights and resistor packs and still the same issue, contacted them again and spoke to my 4th tech support guy who says that the 2014 won't work with their lights due to the mirror turn signals being wired into the turn signal circuit and that any other yr the light weren't tied into the turn signal circuit, which to me sounds like pure bs any suggestions would be helpful. I know 2 people with 2013s and these same light and never had hyper flash so I'm really lost
Yes - it's BS.

This should surprise no one. Many, many have already posted that you should avoid Anzo, Spyder, Sphincter, Ben Dover, and all the other chinglish crap coming out of the same vast, monolithic, nameless factory sweatshop.

Good luck with getting any useful warranty service.

Sell them - while they still have some residual value. Go buy some Vled V3's.

Move on.
Old 05-06-2015, 09:22 AM
MAH

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Not so fast grasshopper

While I do agree that the VLEDs are far superior, you can get hyper flash with them as well. I have all four of my incandescents in the tails replaced with the VLED's, great results I might add. I then tried to add the VLEDs in the front turn signal areas. No luck getting rid of the hyper flash. I used the included resistors and even added additional resistors, no luck. I tried different resistors and no go. Too much resistance and they get dimmer. I was able to get one side to work but not the other. Baffling.

The front facing VLEDs are very bright, in fact almost too bright, but only only in the flash mode. I would have been ok with too bright though without the hyper flash.

I still experimenting with this setup. Yes, I did use the resistors in the rear.
Old 05-07-2015, 11:46 AM

Received 163 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by MAH
While I do agree that the VLEDs are far superior, you can get hyper flash with them as well. I have all four of my incandescents in the tails replaced with the VLED's, great results I might add. I then tried to add the VLEDs in the front turn signal areas. No luck getting rid of the hyper flash. I used the included resistors and even added additional resistors, no luck. I tried different resistors and no go. Too much resistance and they get dimmer. I was able to get one side to work but not the other. Baffling.

The front facing VLEDs are very bright, in fact almost too bright, but only only in the flash mode. I would have been ok with too bright though without the hyper flash.

I still experimenting with this setup. Yes, I did use the resistors in the rear.
Did you already try reprogramming the Body Control Module to turn the hyperflash off?

https://www.f150forum.com/f38/turn-s...istors-298525/
Old 05-08-2015, 09:07 AM
MAH

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by BMWBig6
Did you already try reprogramming the Body Control Module to turn the hyperflash off?

https://www.f150forum.com/f38/turn-s...istors-298525/
had not heard of this until you mentioned it. After reading the thread it does not sound like a real viable alternative based on the feedback there. Sure wish it was.

Quick Reply: Anzo led taillight issue