Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Anyone have Halo's?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 11:52 AM

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Anyone have Halo's?

Is anyone running the halo headlights or fogs? Thinking about getting these http://www.ebay.com/itm/99-03-F150-S...item2571b3224d but want to know what they look like on our trucks. Have not seen any photos of people with the halo fogs. And what is the halo and projector lights?
Old 06-12-2012, 12:37 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm running halo headlights with projectors similar to those and think they look great! something a little different for our trucks anyway... One thing I will say, is that the spread of light from the dipped beams and the highs is extremely narrow. I fitted HIDs and adjusted everything as wide as they can go and still have very little illumination to the sides which is especially noticeable when turning at unlit junctions...
Old 06-12-2012, 01:28 PM

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

I've had mine for about 2 years - they've gotten better and cheaper (they're throwing in the fogs for the same price I paid for the halos alone). It wouldn't surprise me that they fit better, too. Mine are in as far as they go, and adjusted properly, and still protrude a bit. After 2 years, one LED is out per side.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone have Halo's?-led_fogs_expy_bumper.jpg  
Old 06-12-2012, 03:17 PM

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Yeah that is what I have heard that they are not very bright. But I have off road lights that help at night. So with them, there is a spot to put in just a regular, stock bulb then on each side and the halo is just around the headlight? One thing is Im not sure I like the LEDs at the bottom of them, I might just not hook them up.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:23 PM

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

Default dont buy LED halos!

If you like these type of headlights i would defiantly get them, but DO NOT get the LED halos. I cant count how many times I've seen the cheaper halo headlights going out and it makes the truck look like it has a black eye! I have the ones posted in the link below and they are great! The CCFL halos are MUCH brighter and last longer than the cheaper ones!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HID-10000K-9...498195&vxp=mtr
Old 06-12-2012, 03:51 PM

Livinfast85's are a new model, AND have HID headlights as opposed to the standard incandescent projector lights in the older models. Of course, it's over $100 more than the older ones, the differential being the HIDs for low beams. These are a viable option for those who want Halos AND HIDs in one assembly. How's the fit in the header panel? Stick out like the older models?
Old 06-13-2012, 08:55 AM

Anyone have Halo's?-image-1721978330.jpg

I know it's hard to see bc it's day light but these are the lights I sent you the link for.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:15 PM

I see yours stick out on the sides and the bottom as well, but not as much as the older model (like mine). And, the projectors ARE brighter since they're HIDs, which should address some of the earlier comments about not being bright enough. Bottom line is: Are YOU happy with them?
Old 06-13-2012, 12:33 PM

I love the headlights. They still don't have even coverage like higher end OEM projectors do, but what can you do for 280 bucks right! And I'm waiting until I paint my truck to do it, but I'm going to take my head and tail lights apart and color match them. I will post pics of the trick as it is today a little later on today.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:08 PM
Bruski

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 01BlueCrew
Is anyone running the halo headlights or fogs? Thinking about getting these http://www.ebay.com/itm/99-03-F150-S...item2571b3224d but want to know what they look like on our trucks. Have not seen any photos of people with the halo fogs. And what is the halo and projector lights?
II've got that set up on my truck. Smoked lenses on both fogs and heads. Like stated, the led halos are dim, esp compared to ccfl. I haven't attempted it yet but I was going to switch out the leds and get brighter ones since the lenses are smoked. I have 8k hid for lows, only 35w, and the spread isn't very wide. They have ccfl kits that you can do yourself to just about any vehicle. I put some on the ole lady's 09 lancer, heads and tails. Looks clean. They also offer different kelvin temp bulbs to match HIDs and they offer red, blue, green and a few other colors in the ccfl halos as well. Ill post pics when I get a chance.

Quick Reply: Anyone have Halo's?