Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

AlphaRex Nova Series 2015 LED Headlights Review and Install

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2019, 09:30 AM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default AlphaRex Nova Series 2015 LED Headlights Review and Install

ve been on the fence for a while about upgrading to LED headlights. Initially I wanted to get Factory LEDs, but the cost was very high. Typically $1000 Used with $350 for a conversion harness. The Factory LEDs are very nice, but i wanted black and the SE Leds were rare and even more expensive. The other option was the Morimotos. They are also very expensive and I wasn't wild about the looks. A few weeks ago the Racer Innovation lights showed up in the 2015+ section. They look nice. In that thread we learned that they were made by @AlphaRex and that they also had the Nova Series. I instantly love the look of the Alpha rex and with a pretty reasonable price. I purchased a set immediately. Later I found out that I am the first in the world to have a set. I think the multi projector LEDs are keeping with the times and really update the look of the front of the truck. The performance is there as well. They have a really nice startup sequence where the sequential leds in the planks move back and forth then the amber comes on solid then fade to white. the planks have two modes. Bright and Dim. In DRL mode with the included harness they are full bright. I do wish they were a little brighter but they look very nice. once you turn on the parking lights they dim to the dim mode. Turn signals are sequential. The headlights them selves are 3 projectors for the highs. they are very bright and the cutoff is very nice with a beautiful blue to purple hue at the cut off . its mesmerizing. The step in the cutoff is very nice. in the middle the height is just right as to all light is right below the back window of a minivan as to not blind drivers from behind. on the driver side they step a bit lower and I have yet to be flashed. On the passenger side they are noticeably higher and really light up the side of the road. The high beams are two projectors and do a great job of really lighting things up. I have plenty of pictures to share as well as comparison shots to factory halogen housings with led bulbs. I have noticed no flicker or any other issues. They do come with a harness to power the planks for DRLs. I used an add a circuit to tap into the fuse box to power them with the ignition.

The planks do look very yellowish in pictures. they do not look this way in person.

Also looks like Apharex is doing a group buy on these for the 2015 and 2018 models.
https://www.f150forum.com/f37/alphar...up-buy-441586/

Last edited by Sethman919; 03-16-2019 at 09:36 AM.
Old 03-16-2019, 09:31 AM

Cutoff

Low Beams

High Beams
Old 03-16-2019, 09:31 AM

Still working on the Install Its very pic heavy and ill probably do it as a PDF Document.

Last edited by Sethman919; 03-16-2019 at 09:35 AM.
Old 03-16-2019, 03:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow looks great I like these a lot. Seems the light is on par with your retro fit LED in the standard headlight. I do like the DRL option.
Old 03-18-2019, 01:06 AM

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts
Default What bulbs?

They look awesome. I was wondering about these since they’re doing a group order. If you head over to the vendor showcase forum, you might be able to get a pretty solid discount.

Also, what bulbs come with the housing kit?

Last edited by TheCornballer; 03-18-2019 at 07:03 AM. Reason: Question for OP
Old 06-27-2019, 04:50 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Oh, looks beautiful.

Quick Reply: AlphaRex Nova Series 2015 LED Headlights Review and Install