Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Aftermarket housings; possible low and high beam at same time

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2017, 10:28 PM
Timber Baron

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts
Default Aftermarket housings; possible low and high beam at same time

Howdy guys,

I just bought Anzo projector housings for my 2005. In these, the high and low beams have been separated to an H7 low in the projector and an H1 high in a reflector.

The stock H13 setup has the low beam turn off when the high beam is selected. This is my problem.

I want to put HIDs in the H7 low beam projectors, and keep those on when I hit high beam. Is this possible without totally rewiring the headlights? I'm pretty electrical savvy and could build my own relay harness if I have to but ideally would avoid that. I want to keep the HID lows illuminated because I'm worried about warm-up lag when I go from high to low beam. Highs would immediately turn off but the HIDs would have to warm up. Not something I want to be waiting on going around a mountain curve at 75mph with oncoming traffic.

I have 3x50" light bars tied into my current high beams. If I were to splice the high and low positives together inside the Anzo housings, and completely abandon the H1 high beam of the Anzos, would backfeeding my high beam wire cause any problems? If I could have projector lows and 150" of LED light bar for high while keeping the HID projector lows on, I would consider that favorable over losing the HID when I hit high beam.

Thanks for any insight or advice.
Old 11-10-2017, 11:53 PM
Timber Baron

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

I think I've found a workaround:

1. Purchase a relay harness designed for H13 HID bulbs with piggybacked halogen high beam.
-Purchase H7 HID bulbs.

2. Hook the harness up as normal except wire the halogen high beam leads to the Anzo H1 reflector bulb.

BAZINGAAAAAA