Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Adding 2 RECON LED DRLs: Questions...

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2019, 10:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Adding 2 RECON LED DRLs: Questions...

PREFACE: First, I have scanned all the Lighting threads back to 2014 and have not found answers to my questions. Second, this is my first post on the forums so if I have missed something, then please gently correct me. Third, thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

GOAL: I am looking to add the RECON DRLs to the grille of my 2015 XLT. I would like to have them light when the ignition is on. The wiring of the RECONs support "lights-on" sensing to turn off the units if the park/headlight circuit is on -- I want that. I do not want to use the factory DRL feature nor use FORSCAN to program which lights are activated by the setting.

QUESTIONS:
  1. To which fuse number should I attach a 90º add-a-circuit? I have read that there are a few problems with using #97. Also, my vehicle is a 4WD so #110 is active and I hesitate to tap into it.
  2. Alternatively, I could tap into an existing wire (of a suitable load rating) that has power only when the ignition is on and use in-line fuse protection. Is there a wire in the engine compartment that can be used for this?
  3. Will these lights cause any problems (flickering, static, rash, gout, etc.)? The total load of these DRLs will be about 1.25 amps ((10 x 1.5w) / 12v).
Again, thanks so much for any help you can provide to me.

Theo

Quick Reply: Adding 2 RECON LED DRLs: Questions...