Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

4x4 Truck LEDs

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 04:26 PM
2015 F150 Guy

Received 122 Likes on 97 Posts

Default 4x4 Truck LEDs

FYI, they have no contact phone number, so if you have any questions YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN! I have my car apart and now I'm stuck . . .

TomJV
Old 07-18-2017, 04:36 PM
Banned

Received 515 Likes on 451 Posts

I responded to your email right away. We don't offer phone support... we're not that kind of shop (we're an online retailer). But we offer unlimited email support. I wrote in my email... what issues are you having?
Old 07-18-2017, 04:48 PM
2015 F150 Guy

Fitment 2000 Tundra H4/9003

1. The locking ring goes in and looks like it's on an angle, side to side. The driver side is canted to the left. Is that normal? It's more pronounced with the bulb installed.

2. What do I do with the OEM rubber boot?
3. The directions specify that the "hood" should face UP. What's the "hood"? I assume box on the stem of the bulb(which protrudes from the locking ring). Also, the ball bearing stops in the locking ring don't allow for the hood to face UP(12 O'clock). It's more like 11 or 1 o'clock, maybe a drop more. What's up with that?
TomJV
Old 07-18-2017, 04:59 PM
Banned

1. You mean you can rock the ring back/forth? If so, I've seen this on H7 as well. You just need to try putting the ring in a different position is all. You can typically install H4 and H7 rings in 2-3 different positions.

2. It's a boot with a hole in the center, correct? This goes over the bulb... you basically install the ring first, then your boot (with the hole in the center), then you push the bulb through your boot and into the locking ring. With the fan you may need to just cut a small notch in the boot to make room for the boot.

3. The hood is just that, the little hood that covers one of the LED diodes (low beam). It should be at 12 oclock if your ring is installed correctly. I'd need to see photos to verify exactly though.
Old 07-18-2017, 05:25 PM
2015 F150 Guy

Originally Posted by 4x4TruckLEDS.com
1. You mean you can rock the ring back/forth? If so, I've seen this on H7 as well. You just need to try putting the ring in a different position is all. You can typically install H4 and H7 rings in 2-3 different positions.

2. It's a boot with a hole in the center, correct? This goes over the bulb... you basically install the ring first, then your boot (with the hole in the center), then you push the bulb through your boot and into the locking ring. With the fan you may need to just cut a small notch in the boot to make room for the boot.

3. The hood is just that, the little hood that covers one of the LED diodes (low beam). It should be at 12 oclock if your ring is installed correctly. I'd need to see photos to verify exactly though.

Rock? Nah. It only goes in one way. There are three notches (like 7, 10, 3 or so) The bulb tip looks pretty straight from the lens side.

Yeah, it's a rubber boot. Right now I'm not happy. It's a mess. The OEMs are air/water tight. Will this be when I'm done? I have to trim the OEM boot and don't know if I can replace it if these crap out. I don't know if I should cut the inside or the outside.
The rubber covers the fan. Is that ok? Prolly not.

Thanks for the speedy reply. I'll play with it some more and let you know.
TomJV
The following users liked this post:
HwyCycle (07-27-2017)
Old 07-18-2017, 06:05 PM
Banned

I'd need to see photos of your installation as every vehicle is different and works with aftermarket bulbs a different way. So you'll need to post photos so I can help you out and see what you are talking about. Although this is really a 1 on 1 type of thing you should respond to our email with... then again MAYBE there are folks with the same truck as yours who might appreciate the info we share here... but the mods may lock it since it's not F150 related even if it does help others.
Old 07-18-2017, 06:23 PM

Received 325 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by tomjv
Rock? Nah. It only goes in one way. There are three notches (like 7, 10, 3 or so) The bulb tip looks pretty straight from the lens side.

Yeah, it's a rubber boot. Right now I'm not happy. It's a mess. The OEMs are air/water tight. Will this be when I'm done? I have to trim the OEM boot and don't know if I can replace it if these crap out. I don't know if I should cut the inside or the outside.
The rubber covers the fan. Is that ok? Prolly not.

Thanks for the speedy reply. I'll play with it some more and let you know.
TomJV
The OEM rubber boot will not fit with LEDs. You need to buy an aftermarket larger rubber boot.
Old 07-18-2017, 06:25 PM
2015 F150 Guy

Again THANKS for the speedy response! I went here because I panicked when I filled out the internet form. Those things typically take DAYS to get a response. You were right there.

I'm a tad nervous as I'm working on dad's truck(mine's a F150) and I don't want to leave him with any issues, especially if he's on the road in the rain etc. I'm good if I can replace the rubbers if need be. That way I can get him back to stock if necessary.

We'll take this off the forum from here on in.
TomJV
Old 07-18-2017, 06:26 PM
Banned

You new? LOL Everybody knows we get back within minutes typically day/night
Old 07-27-2017, 08:26 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi 4x4Truckleds.com
I did try to reach you few times.
Go see your MP.
Thanks