Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

2017 xlt f150 tailgate lights issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 08:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2017 xlt f150 tailgate lights issue

hi gang
I have installed tailgate leds that fit under the tailgate and plug in to the trailer hook up. so the lights worked fine when testing without starting the truck and just having ignition on . so when I went to start and leave truck started dinging that trailer was on when I slow down it says trailer is off and after 40 km trailer is on then when I siginal tells me the left side bulb is out and so on . is there something I need before I garbage these lights ? lol thanks for any reply
Old 03-25-2019, 04:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mrcool768
hi gang
I have installed tailgate leds that fit under the tailgate and plug in to the trailer hook up. so the lights worked fine when testing without starting the truck and just having ignition on . so when I went to start and leave truck started dinging that trailer was on when I slow down it says trailer is off and after 40 km trailer is on then when I siginal tells me the left side bulb is out and so on . is there something I need before I garbage these lights ? lol thanks for any reply
Look for the following thread and you will see the many problems encountered with light bars on recent models. Apparently the only way is hardwiring and not to the trailer connection harness. I am waiting for more information myself before I connect my OPT7 light bar.

"Hardwire a tailgate Lightbar help"

Quick Reply: 2017 xlt f150 tailgate lights issue