Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

2016 Best LED Headlights and Taillights/Install

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 03:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 2016 Best LED Headlights and Taillights/Install

Hey guys, I am fairly new to the forum, I recently had an account and got deleted somehow. I am wanting to put some LED headlights and taillights on my XLT. I know 4x4 leds and F150 leds are the most popular, just wanting to hear about everyone results with these. Also how easy is the install? I am certainly not the best with this kind of stuff and I am one that likes stuff being done the right way, especially on a new truck. If anyone has some pictures to share it would be awesome
Attached Thumbnails 2016 Best LED Headlights and Taillights/Install-img_0237.jpg   2016 Best LED Headlights and Taillights/Install-img_0387.jpg   2016 Best LED Headlights and Taillights/Install-img_0519.jpg  
Old 05-17-2017, 12:44 AM
Banned

Received 515 Likes on 451 Posts

Not to toot our own horn but *toot* *toot*

Most folks prefer us over the other guys due to our fast response/fast shipping/great customer service and lower prices. Everything we sell we test out first hand to ensure it's quality (you should see our graveyard of bulbs that didn't pass the tests).

Anyway our ClaraLux line are top quality and a lot of folks around here use them. As a forum member you get an additional 10% off using coupon code F150FORUM at checkout.

Anyway as far as ease it's not TOO bad. I mean there is a bit of work to do it on the 2015+ trucks just beacause the 2015+ headlights are a pain to take out the first time you do it. I can do it in 15-20 minutes now, in the dark (no joke, I have videos somewhere proving it lol). But the first time around it may take you 1-2 hours because you've never done it before.

LOTS of videos online on how to remove the 2015+ headlights. We go one step further in that we have a Ballast Relocation Kit SPECIFICALLY for 2015+ trucks, which you'll need. It allows you and provides you with the items necessary to do a PROPER install on a 2015+ truck since the headlight housing is completely enclosed. Inside that kit are full color instructions showing you step by step how to do it as well...

Plus if you ever get stuck theres LOTS of folks around here who have done this and i'm always around.

A good combination are the lows/highs and fogs. Then you can move onto the other LED bulbs like your reverse, blinkers/etc... (as long as you don't have BLIS you can replace all rear bulbs with LED).

Check out our site... but go to the VEHICLE SPECIFIC section which will show you the available bulbs for the 2015+
Old 05-19-2017, 12:12 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have 4x4 truck led and they are amazing. I am always getting asked who makes the lights in my truck. I had a diode go out once and they helped me out right away with quick response and great customer service. Plus they love their product so much they warranty is for two years which is not something you find often with LEDs. Just my two cents. Btw i have the low beams and high beams. I owned a 20" led bar and after putting in the high beams I removed my LED bar bc they are sooo bright
Old 05-19-2017, 01:41 PM
Banned

Don't forget advance replacements on the LEDs (we do ask for photos/videos though because sometimes folks just have a loose wire and we do the whole RMA process and get working bulbs back). And as long as you install them correctly you shouldn't have issues. Heck we have Ford dealerships who buy the lights for their customers.
Old 05-19-2017, 02:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tcw015
I have 4x4 truck led and they are amazing. I am always getting asked who makes the lights in my truck. I had a diode go out once and they helped me out right away with quick response and great customer service. Plus they love their product so much they warranty is for two years which is not something you find often with LEDs. Just my two cents. Btw i have the low beams and high beams. I owned a 20" led bar and after putting in the high beams I removed my LED bar bc they are sooo bright
Do you have any pictures to share? since you also have an XLT sport i would like to see. I am actually debating putting in a light bar where the license plate goes, or LED headlights, or maybe both
Old 05-19-2017, 03:39 PM
Banned

This is one we use a lot... it's my actual truck from last year when I first put the lights in:

LED Headlights & Fog Lights
Old 05-20-2017, 11:13 PM

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 4x4TruckLEDS.com
This is one we use a lot... it's my actual truck from last year when I first put the lights in:

LED Headlights & Fog Lights

Question. I just watched your vid on the install of the LED headlights. If these LED units have a cooling fan/device on the back of them, why are you covering them up with the recommended headlight ballast relocation kit? Aren't they going to overheat?

Old 05-21-2017, 11:49 AM
Banned

You cover them up because otherwise you'll get water in the light. Ford has this massive opening which lets water in, so you have to cover it.

It'd be great if we didn't have to cover it, but we have no choice. so far the LED's operate just fine, as long as the LED Driver is insatlled outside. The ambient air in the housing is sufficient to cool the bulb down.
Old 05-22-2017, 02:25 PM

Received 98 Likes on 73 Posts

Bought mine from XenonDepot. Not one complaint. Super bright, white and great road coverage.