Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

2013 replacement lights for tails/interior/reverse etc.

Old 10-27-2016, 10:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2013 replacement lights for tails/interior/reverse etc.

I have spent over $100 on replacement bulbs for my tails and reverse bulbs trying to find something powerful/bright enough to overcome my smoked lenses. Nothing seems to be good enough even if it's brighter than stock. I have people at work who drive behind me during the day saying the can barely see my turn signal. My tails aren't even tinted very dark.
Does anyone have anything proven to be extremely bright even through tint? I want reverse bulbs that are so bright they light up the ground at night for my backup camera.
Thank for any help.
Old 10-29-2016, 12:50 PM

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by USAforce87
I have spent over $100 on replacement bulbs for my tails and reverse bulbs trying to find something powerful/bright enough to overcome my smoked lenses. Nothing seems to be good enough even if it's brighter than stock. I have people at work who drive behind me during the day saying the can barely see my turn signal. My tails aren't even tinted very dark.
Does anyone have anything proven to be extremely bright even through tint? I want reverse bulbs that are so bright they light up the ground at night for my backup camera.
Thank for any help.
What are you using for bulbs right now? Have you switched to LED? I'm running JDM ASTAR 3157 LED from Amazon as switchbacks in my front blinkers and they are very bright. I know they are in a clear housing but I believe the projector on the end of the bulb is what gives the added brightness. They sell them with red LEDs or you could try the white behind your red lense that might help the light get through?
Old 10-29-2016, 09:09 PM
Banned

Received 515 Likes on 451 Posts

I'd recommend the Diode Dynamics LED's in the brightest lumen available. You can check out our site. We have a vehicle specific section which will list all of the various bulbs for your truck, makes it easier to pick.

Just go with the highest lumen.

You can't go wrong with the Diode Dynamic brand.
Old 11-01-2016, 05:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4x4TruckLEDS.com
I'd recommend the Diode Dynamics LED's in the brightest lumen available. You can check out our site. We have a vehicle specific section which will list all of the various bulbs for your truck, makes it easier to pick.

Just go with the highest lumen.

You can't go wrong with the Diode Dynamic brand.
For the dome lights, how many do I need for front and back? Will the replacement flasher module take care of front and rear blinkers If I have DD LEDs for both? Finally, is there a military discount or a Cyber Monday sale coming up? I'm ready to order whenever but I don't want to miss a sale. Thanks for any info!
P.S. I am also interested in the 2013-2014 F-150 Raptor Switchback LED Halos but what exactly is the 90mm halo addition? Are there any pictures of that?
Old 11-02-2016, 12:12 AM
Banned

Received 515 Likes on 451 Posts

Well I think on your truck you can get a flasher module... on my 2015 they don't have it. So the flasher module should get rid of those quick flashes and your error codes I believe.

Military discount gets 10% (same as forum members). So either use promo code F150FORUM or promo code MILITARY for your 10% off.

Yes there will be a Black Friday/Cyber Monday weekend long sale... details will be posted in the Vendor section 1 week prior.

As for your domes... looks like Ford calls for a 212 bulb, which seems to be a 39mm Festoon bulb. Those are available in a few lumen/style options.

SMF2 (16 lumen per bulb) and SMF4 (56 lumen per bulb)

I'm not sure how many bulbs you need. You may need to take your dome cover off and take a look. They are available on our site under the LED Replacement Bulbs.

A for the switchbacks, I'd have to add those to my site. I thikn the Halo option means it's a 90mm ring that would go around the bulb itself. The raptors have HID projection lights, so that's why my guess is that, a ring around the bulb.

Keep in mind you need to open up your headlight housing to install these, but it's an awesome look.

So if you are intersted in ordering them shoot me a PM. It's a special order item btw, 5-10 business day production time.

Search this Thread