Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

2013 OEM HID Part needed

Old 02-04-2014, 12:28 PM

Received 257 Likes on 159 Posts

Default 2013 OEM HID Part needed

I just bought a set of 2013 OEM HIDs off of ebay. One had a bulb, and neither had a ballast. So, I also bought a set of D3S OEM Osram bulbs and ballasts (sure hope these are the right ones, link below), as well as a wire harness from TRS.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141164025388...84.m1423.l2649

The only thing I am missing now is the little rubber covers that go over the bulb on the headlight assembly to keep moisture out. Does anyone know where I can get 2 of these, or something sufficient?
Old 02-04-2014, 12:54 PM

Found them on tascaparts.com. I also bought a bulb retainer and screw, and the ballast screws just to be sure I had everything.

Can someone confirm that the bulbs & ballasts I bought on ebay are correct for the OEM HIDs?

Last edited by bigred90gt; 02-04-2014 at 04:28 PM.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:51 AM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by bigred90gt
Found them on tascaparts.com. I also bought a bulb retainer and screw, and the ballast screws just to be sure I had everything.

Can someone confirm that the bulbs & ballasts I bought on ebay are correct for the OEM HIDs?
Hey there Bigred, did those ballasts and bulbs work for ya? I'm wondering cause i ordered 13' headlights and they also came without ballasts. Hoping to hear back from you, thanks!
Old 02-10-2014, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by awesome-platinum
Hey there Bigred, did those ballasts and bulbs work for ya? I'm wondering cause i ordered 13' headlights and they also came without ballasts. Hoping to hear back from you, thanks!
I wish I knew. I still don't have one headlight (supposed to be here today) and I have not heard hide nor hair from Tasca. I called them Saturday to find out what was going on, but they couldn't give me an answer. Said their computer system was having problems. The guy took my phone number, order number and name and said he was going to call me back, but I never heard anything from him. Looks like I'll have everything I need except for the smallest of things.

That being said, the ballasts are the right size to fit over the ballast hole in the light assembly, and they have a rubber gasket built into them to seal it off.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:48 AM

Do you happen to know the part # for the ballast you ordered on ebay?

I'm so anxious to recieve my headlights, post picswhen you recieve yours!
Old 02-10-2014, 09:05 AM

Do you happen to know the part # for the ballast you ordered on ebay? I'm so anxious to recieve my headlights, post picswhen you recieve yours!
The Ford part number? I do not, but there was a couple of sets available in that auction. I just searched "D3S hid bulbs and ballast" on eBay.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:16 AM

Yeah, i found it with the link you provided in your first post, thanks!
Old 02-11-2014, 07:14 AM

Hey bigred, did you ever receive your headlights?
Old 02-11-2014, 07:36 AM

Hey bigred, did you ever receive your headlights?
I have the lights, I have the bulbs/ballasts, and I have the harness. Unfortunately Tasca is dragging their feet. I ordered all of this last Monday/Tuesday, and can get any information from them. The order shows "processing". Saturday, the guy said if the site says processing, it hasn't shipped (gee thanks), but their computer system is down so he cannot look to tell me why. Took my name, number and order number and said he would call back when it was back up. Never heard anything, so I called yesterday. A bulb retainer was not in stock, but "it is now, so you will be receiving a shipping notification today, and should have it by Wednesday or Thursday".

Still shows as "processing" on their site.

If I knew I could just go to a dealer and get this stuff locally, I would just cancel the order and pick it up locally, even if it cost me more money.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:21 AM

Well that sucks! Hopefully you get everything soon!

Did those bulbs you got with the ballasts fit the headlights?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2013 OEM HID Part needed