Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

2011 F150 Spyder HiD question.

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2016, 12:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 F150 Spyder HiD question.

I purchased 2011 F150 Spyder CCFL headlights. Was easy to install, look great and no problems yet and its been roughly 4 months. I have installed HiD into the Projector housing of the spyder headlight.

The housing has two bulbs Halogen H1 in the Highbeam, and HiD in the projector. Question is seeing as that when I turn high beam off and on the light switches between the two for the daytime and high beam. So could I theroetically buy a 2nd pair of H1 HiD and install them into the halogen part of the Spyder headlights but running it from one ballist seeing as one bulb would be on at any given time it just switches back and forth depending if my high beams are on or not. if that makes sense?

Thanks
Old 11-17-2016, 11:13 AM
Active Duty Navy Chief

Received 210 Likes on 170 Posts

If you try and run both bulbs off of one ballast you'll end up with both bulbs on at the same time. Also, you should only run one bulb per ballast. If you want the ability to switch between two different bulbs then you'll need to install another ballast for your high beams. I'd keep the halogen for high beams. It takes HIDs about 10 seconds to warm up so it kind of defeats the purpose of being able to quickly switch to your high beams. Make sense?

Originally Posted by JoshDUBZ
I purchased 2011 F150 Spyder CCFL headlights. Was easy to install, look great and no problems yet and its been roughly 4 months. I have installed HiD into the Projector housing of the spyder headlight.

The housing has two bulbs Halogen H1 in the Highbeam, and HiD in the projector. Question is seeing as that when I turn high beam off and on the light switches between the two for the daytime and high beam. So could I theroetically buy a 2nd pair of H1 HiD and install them into the halogen part of the Spyder headlights but running it from one ballist seeing as one bulb would be on at any given time it just switches back and forth depending if my high beams are on or not. if that makes sense?

Thanks