Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission Malfunction and OD blinking.

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 09:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Transmission Malfunction and OD blinking.

2007 F-150 Lariat 5.4L 4x4

I am NOT a mechanic or truck enthusiast. Please help.

Ok...I have had this issue for a while, but never had the "transmission Malfunction" error until today.

Daily I have my RPM's go from 1000 rpm to 2000 rpm (kind of like revs up, like it slipped hears) for a split second. This is usually when going pretty slow, less than. 20mph.

I have a travel trailer (roughly 6500lbs) that I pull, but it's not great. Going from a stop it's not terrible, seems like it could be better. Going up hills is where is major issues come up. At some point it sounds like there is a vacuum under the hood. Then there is a high pitch shrill whistle that sounds like it's coming from the drivers side. The whole time driving up the hill is terrible, 40 max and pedal to the floor. This has been going on for a while...maybe 4 trips with the trailer.

Which brings me to tonight.

Same scenario as before...the hill was driving on wasn't even that steep...and vacuum sound and the whistle three times.

Then, the error on the display. I got off the freeway right away. Seemed to be fine. Turned around and took it home. Drove about the same (seem to struggle) but no more error.

I have taken it to a transmission guy, and didn't find anything wrong with it.

FRUSTRATING

And ideas?
The following users liked this post:
MARTY2877 (03-25-2022)

Quick Reply: Transmission Malfunction and OD blinking.