Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

towing a motorcyle and golf cart-anyone seen a trailer for this?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2016, 09:24 PM
L2R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default towing a motorcyle and golf cart-anyone seen a trailer for this?

wondering if anyone has seen a 'reasonable' set up to tow a harley and a golf cart on the same trailer without having to buy a car hauler.

pictures or ideas appreciated.
Old 09-07-2016, 08:19 AM
Official HTT Greeter

Received 328 Likes on 261 Posts

open or enclosed?

either way, if you're not wanting longer 16' or so then a side load would probably be best. Or put the Harley on a dolly so that it can be turned 90* to the trailer once loaded. I wouldn't want to haul it open that way, but it's an option. Keep in mind that turning it sideways will put more weight on the tongue. depending on the bike, 700-850#. it may be best to put the cart up front and load the bike on the rear. It really depends on axle location and overall weight distribution.

Another option is put one or the other in the bed of the truck and trailer the other. Just be careful about what else you haul. Either or both on a trailer isn't that heavy, probably less than 2k# so I'd think you'd be ok if loaded properly.
Old 09-07-2016, 04:52 PM
L2R

thanks sixshooter,

I didn't want to put restrictions on length, open or closed, just looking for good options.
I would prefer 2 ramps, the one being a side load on the front for the golf cart if that is even possible (they are about 8' long) and then run the bike up the back ramp.

first goal is to get them both on a trailer, the 2nd is keep it short as possible. I figured someone out in the interest had overcome this and looking for options but not seen one yet.
Old 09-07-2016, 06:26 PM

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Something like this?

Old 09-08-2016, 08:17 AM
Caffeine Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by L2R
I would prefer 2 ramps, the one being a side load on the front for the golf cart if that is even possible (they are about 8' long) and then run the bike up the back ramp.
They exist, but most of them are quite long:

Originally Posted by L2R
first goal is to get them both on a trailer, the 2nd is keep it short as possible. I figured someone out in the interest had overcome this and looking for options but not seen one yet.
You may want to talk to a couple local dealers and see if they can custom order something for you.
Old 09-08-2016, 08:51 AM
L2R

Originally Posted by The Beer Baron
They exist, but most of them are quite long:

You may want to talk to a couple local dealers and see if they can custom order something for you.
Yep, the side ramps give me the ability to remove the front item without the back. I will have to check regarding width tho' because golf cart is the shortest item but still 8' long.

I have found a 7x14 V nose which would get them both in. but again, just more hassle if I only want what is in front. thanks all good pictures to ponder.
Old 09-08-2016, 09:36 AM

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

How about an enclosed snowmobile trailer?

The shortest I've seen like this are 14ft long.
Old 09-08-2016, 08:57 PM
L2R

Originally Posted by ambush
How about an enclosed snowmobile trailer?

The shortest I've seen like this are 14ft long.
hey thanks for the pic. saw one of these a couple years ago but hadn't seen one since I got serious about a new trailer. I may call them and get exact dimensions to see if it will all fit. that would be sweeet.
Old 09-08-2016, 09:18 PM

Received 394 Likes on 361 Posts

I bought a trailer with my lawnmower. It's 60" inside the rails and 16' overall length. It was a hog trailer that they cut the top off of and reinforced the rails. They also took the 1500 lb axles out and put 3500 lb axles underneath it. It's a v-nose, but not enclosed. Works pretty good.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:14 AM

Received 115 Likes on 84 Posts

It's not unusual for me to see trailers loaded like Jethro's truck. Your biggest decision is covered and secure or uncovered. With uncovered, I'd recommend some kind of front shield.

Quick Reply: towing a motorcyle and golf cart-anyone seen a trailer for this?