Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SCT Tuner who has the best tow tune

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 08:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SCT Tuner who has the best tow tune

It seems to be the SCT x4 is the prefered tuner for the 5.0 motor. My question is who has the best tune for these trucks. Let the opinions fly. 2011 F150 5.0

Thanks
Eric
Old 02-06-2017, 08:52 AM
HP Junkie & Backdoor Man

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Lots of really good options out there. There really isn't one particular tuner that is the absolute best. You just need to talk with them and see who fits your truck and needs the best. I actually prefer HP Tuners so that I decided on VMP, MPT, or Unleashed., all of which I knew. I decided to go with Torrie at Unleashed simply because his good rep and communication. He's literally messaged me back at 9-10 o'clock some nights when I actually sending messages for the next day but hit me back minutes later.

RyanR
Old 02-06-2017, 09:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking for overall performance but really concerned with the tow tune. I have ran diesels my whole life and this 5.0 is taking a bit to get used to
Old 02-06-2017, 11:36 AM

Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts

I went with MPT because of their responsiveness. I have a 2013 5.0 that is otherwise stock as far as performance goes. I have 2 versions of their 87 performance-tow, an 87 performance-tow with the stock transmission and a 91 PRX tune. I ran the 2 versions of their performance tow but, with heavy steel toe work boots, the snappy throttle response was a little much in the winter. They were great tunes, just not great for me personally. I loved driving it with sneakers but with boots I wasn't really a fan. I'm currently running the 87 Performance-tow with the stock transmission and am happy with it. Their tune really woke up the truck, I'm kicking myself for waiting as long as I did before tuning. I'd give MPT a good review, they answered a lot of my stupid questions, were very patient and helped me choose the tunes that were right for me, and modify the tunes to best suit me.
Old 02-06-2017, 11:41 AM

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

The 5.0 Whisperer

http://tuningbyoz.com/