Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removing Interior Bezels on 2015

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 03:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing Interior Bezels on 2015

Can anyone tell me how to remove the interior vent bezel on the left side of radio. Want to install a OEM trailer brake controller.
Old 06-17-2015, 03:16 PM

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Just pull. It pops off
The following users liked this post:
Welly (06-17-2015)
Old 06-17-2015, 06:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bezel Removal

Just installed an OEM brake controller in my 2011 today. I had to remove several pieces of trim to do so. It would have been nice to just pop off the trim but I had to take out several screws. Removed the trim over the instrument cluster, and the trim that the controller sits in. Removed the little tray that is in that location and bolted the new controller in. The cable that connects to it was taped to the bottom of the dash. I had a hard time finding it. Then, it had an adapter plugged into it that I had to remove to plug it into the controller. It was really only a few minute job. If I did another one new, I could probably get it done in 15-20 minutes. Now I have to take it a dealer to have it flashed. I paid $150 for my controller from a Ford dealer on Ebay. My local dealer wanted $250 plus maybe 2 hours of labor to install it. Now to see how much they charge me to do the flash!

Just remember, if you don't have the factory tow package, the Ford controller won't work.
Old 06-17-2015, 07:06 PM

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by ke4d
Just remember, if you don't have the factory tow package, the Ford controller won't work.
Incorrect

I did not have the factory tow package or the factory hitch. Only had the 4 pin plug at the bumper. After a few months of research and a few dealer trips I have a truck capable of towing.

I bought a hitch, the ford 7/4 pin trailer plug harness and the tbc. I did make a trip to the dealer before I bought the tbc and convinced them to "plug" my truck in and see if the tbc would even work without any towing package, the tech said yes it can be turned on if it was there. Only need to get a tranny cooler and upgrade the rad and I'll be finished.

To the original poster do your homework and see what you can and cant do to your truck. If you find the tbc plug taped to your steering column or plugged into the back of the cubby you're replacing I bet you'll be fine. But to be honest I did not have 100% faith it would work until I had everything installed and tested with a trailer.

Check out this thread
https://www.f150forum.com/f82/brake-...g-help-285582/

Quick Reply: Removing Interior Bezels on 2015