Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Plow Question 2017 F150

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2019, 10:36 AM

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Plow Question 2017 F150

I have a 2017 Supercrew with the snow plow prep package and last night while operating the plow I would lose power to all accessory's for a few seconds (radio, heater, lights on dash) The truck itself was fine didnt lose power or steering. This has happened before once in awhile but not all the time like last night. Is this what the snow prep package suppoesed to do? It was very cold as well -20 C not sure if that has anything to do with it. The plow is a Western HTS, this never happened while I was operating the rear plow Arctic Plow Partner. Would installing a second battery help. Any feedbak is appreciated, thanks in advanced.
Old 01-21-2019, 12:52 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Location: Midland County Texas, just west of the star in my avatar
Received 879 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by Brettski
… (radio, heater, lights on dash)… Is this what the snow prep package suppoesed to do?
No, not exactly. The snow plow button on the dash will disable some things that have high electrical draw to maintain required electrical charge margins during plow operation, but not lights on the dash. "Nice to have" stuff including 110V inverter, fog lamps, heated steering wheel, heated front/rear seats, massaging seats, but not anything you really need for safe driving.
Old 03-11-2019, 09:01 PM

Received 141 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Brettski
I have a 2017 Supercrew with the snow plow prep package and last night while operating the plow I would lose power to all accessory's for a few seconds (radio, heater, lights on dash) The truck itself was fine didnt lose power or steering. This has happened before once in awhile but not all the time like last night. Is this what the snow prep package suppoesed to do? It was very cold as well -20 C not sure if that has anything to do with it. The plow is a Western HTS, this never happened while I was operating the rear plow Arctic Plow Partner. Would installing a second battery help. Any feedbak is appreciated, thanks in advanced.
I believe it's just the temperature and battery they was struggling to in terms of voltage. My 2015 did that this winter during our first storm. I hadn't been driving my truck much and it was just sitting out side. While I was plowing the same thing happened to me. I never had that issue before this in my previous 3 years of plowing. I used my truck for the rest of the winter pretty regularly. We never had that cold of temperature again and I never had that issue again either.

Quick Reply: Plow Question 2017 F150