Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No wiring for Electric Brake??

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 04:35 PM

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Default No wiring for Electric Brake??

I have a 2002 f150 3:55 with tow package.

I have a brake controller from my old truck. which had it all there I just had to hook up controller. From what I can ( or cant) find. Looks like ford did not do this with the basic tow package. so I have to run wiring to the 7 blade for the power for the electric brakes? Just want to make sure Im not missing something. I cant beleive its not there. My dokota had it and it was part of the TOW package. just had to plug in a controller. WOW.....Kinda hard to believe.

Any pointers from anyone as im sure you all had to do this with your TT's and 5ers. My boat surge brake but Im looking to get a camper.

Thanks all.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:39 PM

Received 502 Likes on 324 Posts

If your truck has the factery tow package with the factery 7 pin plug then there should be a wire in the harness and it should end up in a plug under the dash near the steering collum on the left side. a good rv or trailer supply co will sell you a harness adapter that you can hard wire to your controler and it should be plug and play from there. also there tech should be able to point it out to you
The following users liked this post:
2wheelgnnr (09-14-2012)
Old 09-14-2012, 11:26 PM

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

ok i will look for it. I was gonna say too I was seeing it was blue wire and I know the 7 pin has a blue wire on it. i will look there and see. Thank you.

Quick Reply: No wiring for Electric Brake??