Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motorcycle trailer size preferences wanted!! Too big or too small..??

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 10:18 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Motorcycle trailer size preferences wanted!! Too big or too small..??

Ok I'm looking to get a trailer to haul my motorcycle around and here are simple needs/wants....

At least 10 ft long, I would like a v-nose to help mpg's I know it probably won't help much but any more mpg's is better than nothing..... I would like tandem axle so it doesn't bounce around and be more stable, as for height I don't want one that towers over the truck but something that is 7ft tall inside or shorter .....

Now I haven't pulled but one trailer with THIS truck and I figure you all know how they tow. I don't really know all the questions I should ask but if somebody could pick this apart I'd be very thankful!!! I've pulled several different trailers for landscaping company daily alllllllll over for 2 years but I only have an open car hauler of my own so as my own motorcycle trailer I'm not sure what I want... I want it big enough for 2 bikes.... Don't want to put loads of strain on the truck but I don't want a small trailer bouncing around all over.

2006 5.4l 4x4 3.73 ext cab with factory tow package
Old 01-21-2013, 10:29 PM

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

What sort of bikes are you hauling? Dirtbikes, street bikes, Harley's? I have a wells cargo trailer, although its a single axle. It is horrible when it's empty, but I put two Harley's in it and it rides great. But definitely think about what bikes your hauling and also how you strap them down in the trailer. Wells cargo has some neat options, I just drilled into the bottom framework and threw in some eye bolts. Good luck on your search.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:44 AM

I knew I forgot something!! It will be any combination of two different street bikes, sportster, or victory Vegas. No big cruisers but more than a dirtbike. Mostly for a single street bike at a time but like I said room for two when needed.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:01 AM

I would like to get somethin like these
http://www.motosport.com/motorcycle/...P-TRAILER-STOP

And make a bracket to quickly move wheel chocks side to side for weight and center when only hauling one bike. But need to decide on trailer first haha
Old 01-22-2013, 01:32 AM

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

That would be a nice setup inside the trailer. I think a v-nose like you said would be good too. That trailer of mine is a flat -front and you can definitely feel the drag at highway speeds. My truck pulls it great, not like its a big trailer but a v-nose might be nice.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:04 PM

Yeah I think it'll be nice!! And I think I want a tandem axle but Idk if I want used or new. They seem to be priced the same but the used come with extras
Old 01-30-2013, 06:58 PM

Anybody else out there with motorcycle trailers?? What size do you have?? Pros? Cons?
Old 01-30-2013, 11:28 PM
always dirty

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

! got a Carson inclosed Dual axle w\electric brakes. 5x12 and 6ft. high . fits 2 harley dresser or 1 bagger and 2 softails . dual axle is better and smoother , . i used to own a single axle its bouncy , even with 1 bike inside ,when empty its worse . Gas mpg's is almost same. Make sure to get one with electric brakes. if thinking buying a Used 1 . I got 1 here in Beach park IL. good luck

Quick Reply: Motorcycle trailer size preferences wanted!! Too big or too small..??