Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Integrated Brake Controller

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2016, 06:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Integrated Brake Controller

I have a 2016 F150 3.5 ecoboost with 3.73 gears. The truck has the max towing package, the integrated brake controller and the backup assist.
I just bought a 30' TT and the dealer set the gain at 7.5 for the trailer brakes using some type of a test tool. When I configured the backup assist I was presented with 3 options, low, medium and high and the low setting being recommended for most applications. How do those 3 settings equate to a gain setting from 1 - 10 or do they? I would ask the RV dealer but they have never configured the back up assist on a Ford so I doubt they would have an answer.
Old 09-03-2016, 08:57 PM

Received 502 Likes on 324 Posts

Try all 3 settings see what works best You will probably have to adjust the gain to your liking as well.
Old 09-07-2016, 12:08 PM

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

I found that on the highway, I prefer it to be in high as the OEM controller is really not as sensitive as I would like. However, when in stop and go, having it on high is pretty annoying as you'll feel the trailer brake pretty aggressively.

Quick Reply: Integrated Brake Controller