Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help: Tying down Washer/Dryer

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 02:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help: Tying down Washer/Dryer

Hey guys, so a friend asked me to help them move a washer/dryer that they purchased. I've never hauled anything that sat over the side of the bed before. How would I go about tying them down? Would I use the tie downs on each corner of the bed? Or would I have to utilize the cleats that the truck came with and tie them down straight? I'd imagine using the 4 corners wouldn't work very well since it won't be holding them down straight, but rather at an angle. Any help is greatly appreciated! The move is tonight in about 5 hours.
Old 04-07-2016, 02:57 PM
Some guy

Received 2,021 Likes on 1,284 Posts

It sits over the side of the bed? How big is this thing?? Also, unrelated, is your username related to the card grip?
The following users liked this post:
Gx2Lariat (04-07-2016)
Old 04-07-2016, 03:05 PM

I meant that it sits higher than the side of the truck bed haha. It's the average size washer/dryer. Sorry for the confusion!

Username is unrelated to the card trick haha
Old 04-07-2016, 03:18 PM

Received 112 Likes on 83 Posts

I would put them in a row down the box (not side by side, doubt they would even fit that way). Then runs 2 straps, start at front left corner, all the way back and around the washer/dryer, then back to the front right corner. Use 2 straps and do this 2 x to be extra safe

I am sure there are better ways, so if any other guys have ideas throw them out there!

Last edited by doctorschlachter; 04-07-2016 at 03:20 PM.
Old 04-07-2016, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by doctorschlachter
I would put them in a row down the box (not side by side, doubt they would even fit that way). Then runs 2 straps, start at front left corner, all the way back and around the washer/dryer, then back to the front right corner. Use 2 straps and do this 2 x to be extra safe

I am sure there are better ways, so if any other guys have ideas throw them out there!
Thank you! I'll keep this method in mind. I was thinking about this, but wasn't sure if it would hold when turning as the pressure would be from front and back with not much side pressure.
Old 04-07-2016, 04:37 PM

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Tenkei
Thank you! I'll keep this method in mind. I was thinking about this, but wasn't sure if it would hold when turning as the pressure would be from front and back with not much side pressure.
That should work fine. One thing to keep in mind is if your tie down points are on the truck bed floor, the strap will want to fall down around the small "peg feet" of the washer and dryer instead of staying around the body...meaning if you take a corner too fast, they'll tip.
Old 04-07-2016, 04:56 PM

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Are you talking about a washer/dryer combination (one piece)?
If you are talking about a washer and a dryer (2 Pieces), no tie down needed.
They won't go anywhere unless you are driving like a wild person.
Old 04-07-2016, 05:10 PM

It is a washer and dryer (2 pcs). I'll be driving slow, but I'd like to tie them down just in case.
Old 04-07-2016, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by homeskizzle
That should work fine. One thing to keep in mind is if your tie down points are on the truck bed floor, the strap will want to fall down around the small "peg feet" of the washer and dryer instead of staying around the body...meaning if you take a corner too fast, they'll tip.
My truck is a '15 XLT. I'll have to check again and see where the tie down points are.
Old 04-08-2016, 08:55 AM
Some guy

Received 2,021 Likes on 1,284 Posts

How went the move?

Quick Reply: Help: Tying down Washer/Dryer