Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gen Y Hitch

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 11:07 AM

Received 237 Likes on 165 Posts
Default Gen Y Hitch

Interested to hear of any opinions on this hitch. Seems to be a popular choice on TFL Truck but I never hear anything about it other than their channel. Anybody use one?
Old 02-26-2017, 11:30 AM
Grumpy Old Man

Location: Midland County Texas, just west of the star in my avatar
Received 879 Likes on 686 Posts

Gen Y (or Geny) is best known for their adjustable weight-carrying ball mounts, which are neat. They also sell a weight-distributing hitch, but it is a cheap design that uses sway bars instead of engineered-in sway control.
https://genyhitch.com/the-hitch-store/

If I needed a weight-carrying ball mount, I'd consider the Geny. But for a good WD hitch, there are much better hitches on the market for not much more money.
Old 04-05-2018, 11:19 AM

Received 90 Likes on 75 Posts

I thought I'd revive this to see if anyone else have used or seen these in action as of late. I am in the market for a more 'permanent' adjustable hitch but don't want to constantly swap my WD hitch so I've heard, read, watch their vids and they state that their torsion hitch can also be used with any WD hitch, this is a selling point for me along w/ that torsion feature. Although their WD hitch looks okay, I prefer to keep my Equalizer for now. If anyone has/knows a better brand of adjustable hitch that can be used w/ a WD hitch, I'm all ears