Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford 3.5l TS performance ecoboost ecopro

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 11:09 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Ford 3.5l TS performance ecoboost ecopro

I've been researching this. Does anyone have experience towing with a TS Performance Ecoboost Ecopro for a 2011-2014 3.5L Ecoboost. If so, what say you bout the good &/or the bad.
It's suppose to
. increase HP 50+
. improve fuel economy
. more responsive throttle
if true

Would appreciate any feedback.

Old 06-13-2019, 08:59 AM
none.

Received 97 Likes on 78 Posts

You would be better off purchasing an SCT X4. Even the precanned tunes give you options and it has a code scanner. The horsepower increase on that, what looks to be a dedicated OBD2 plug is most likely going to be 50hp. Will you have more throttle response? Yes. Will you have increased fuel economy? Maybe.
The following users liked this post:
chimmike (06-13-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 11:31 AM

Thanks for your feed back. This and other sites tell the same tale.Evidently nobody has actually installed one so that tells me allot.
Old 06-18-2019, 05:56 AM

Received 153 Likes on 112 Posts

Seems weird that so many need a tuner and mine is fine towing and hauling plenty of butt without.
Old 06-18-2019, 08:08 AM

QUOTE=13XLTEco
Seems weird that so many need a tuner and mine is fine towing and hauling plenty of butt without.

Exactly..Ours is great the way it is.
I came across a video of one being installed on a 3.5L Ecoboost and was curious if anybody on any of the 150 or towing forums had actually installed one and if so was it worth a care. So far no one has admitted to having installed one. I'm not adding one or any other tuners(s), was just wondering.
I noticed in your signature that you've installed some WeatherTech in-channel window visors. I was thinking bout installing some. But I read somewhere some that have installed window visors that at times the windows when raised up will not stop when closed but will reverse and come back down. I don't remember which brand they were talking about, but have you had any problems with your windows reversing back down when you put em up?

Milo
The following users liked this post:
13XLTEco (06-19-2019)
Old 06-19-2019, 03:20 AM

Received 153 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by 13EBF150
QUOTE=13XLTEco

Exactly..Ours is great the way it is.
I came across a video of one being installed on a 3.5L Ecoboost and was curious if anybody on any of the 150 or towing forums had actually installed one and if so was it worth a care. So far no one has admitted to having installed one. I'm not adding one or any other tuners(s), was just wondering.
I noticed in your signature that you've installed some WeatherTech in-channel window visors. I was thinking bout installing some. But I read somewhere some that have installed window visors that at times the windows when raised up will not stop when closed but will reverse and come back down. I don't remember which brand they were talking about, but have you had any problems with your windows reversing back down when you put em up?

Milo
Yes. I had a defective driver's side front. I complained, they asked me for a video, sent the video, got a new front PAIR in 3 days, installed the new driver's side front explicitly exactly as the instructions say, window stays up. They also sent me a half off code for the mudflaps and I love all the above ! The ventvisors match my tint very well and the mudflaps match the dark gray/slate color of the stepboard 'pads', rubber window trim, etc. My truck is Sterling Grey.

Quick Reply: Ford 3.5l TS performance ecoboost ecopro