Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F150 tow mirrors 2007

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2014, 10:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F150 tow mirrors 2007

I just got new tow mirrors for my 2007 f150 XL right now it just has factory mirrors with no power or signals. The new mirrors i just got have signals would there be a wiring harness for the new mirrors to hook up in my door panel?
thanks
Old 12-26-2014, 08:19 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I know the 2007 XLT was plug and play. I only had power mirrors and bought power,heated,signal,puddle lights from 1A Auto and plugged in factory harness and all was good. Does your truck have a wiring harness going into the door? If so, I would remove the door panel and see if there is a plug already there for mirror. Hope this helps.
Old 11-25-2017, 09:32 PM

Default I know this is old but.....

Just wondering if all the 07 Screw xlt's were wired for the heat and turn signals if the mirrors you had on it didn't have these options????

Any help would be great as I am thinking of adding tow mirrors and would want these two features ( already have power but only power...). I don't really care about the power fold / puddle light but heat and turn signals would be mice while towing a 5th wheel camper.

Scott
Old 11-26-2017, 07:27 AM
WindowGuy

Received 153 Likes on 135 Posts

I know this is not the same, but on my 13, the turns, puddles, and adjust were plug and play. I had to add a switch for heat because my truck didn't come with heated mirrors or rear window. But the wire was already there. If you already have either or both, I would assume you're good to go. If not, you will at lest need to add a switch, I don't know about the wire on an 07. The powerfold is a whole different situation.
Old 11-26-2017, 07:43 AM
WindowGuy

Received 153 Likes on 135 Posts

I just realized you said you didn't have power mirrors. I did have. You will need to get the switch for adjusting the mirrors. I would guess you will need the wiring harness for the door at least.
Old 12-02-2017, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by jkenprice1
I just realized you said you didn't have power mirrors. I did have. You will need to get the switch for adjusting the mirrors. I would guess you will need the wiring harness for the door at least.
Thanks for the reply,

I have the power control just not the heat / lights. I wouldn't be interested in power fold, just the heat and lights so no switches would have to be added just wiring(unless it's plug and play for those options). I am debating about buying the tow mirrors as I will have to buy a compatible set of clip on at the very least and they are usually terrible for highway / long distance driving as they vibrate and shake and are generally annoying. So.... I was thinking I would just save up a bit and buy a pair of the towing mirrors with the heat (I live in Canada so winter...) and the lights would just be a nice extra. But if I can't get the heated option without a lot of hassle I won't likely bother.

Thanks again, If anyone knows if this will work or not work a heads up would great.

Quick Reply: F150 tow mirrors 2007