Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F-150 XL Trailer Brake Controller (TBC) questions.

Old 04-04-2017, 05:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default F-150 XL Trailer Brake Controller (TBC) questions.

Hi, I have a basic, 2013 F-150 XL. This has the two-line display, no screens here. I have the tow package and am looking to add the Ford OEM TBC. Everything I am finding online so far is for trucks with the screens.

Programming to enable the TBC seems to program the instrument cluster for the cool menus and gain settings.

Will my basic, two-line display allow for the gain settings or will I just have to adjust the gain every time blindly with the buttons?

Has anyone installed the OEM TBC on a XL with two-line display?

Last edited by xlnooptions; 04-04-2017 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Added model year
Old 04-04-2017, 07:09 PM

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

You'll be fine. Mines an XLT with only the 2 line LCD display and the gain shows up there. You won't get the multiple trailer options or the distance you've towed that particular trailer though. Only gain setting and "Trailer Disconnected" if it's not plugged in.
Old 04-04-2017, 09:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EventHorizon
You'll be fine. Mines an XLT with only the 2 line LCD display and the gain shows up there. You won't get the multiple trailer options or the distance you've towed that particular trailer though. Only gain setting and "Trailer Disconnected" if it's not plugged in.
Awesome. That's what I wanted to know. Thank you.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: F-150 XL Trailer Brake Controller (TBC) questions.