Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CrossRoads Slingshot...thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 11:15 AM

Received 153 Likes on 103 Posts
Default CrossRoads Slingshot...thoughts?

I am in the market for a travel trailer and pretty much have it narrowed down to a itasca, winnebago, or a crossroads slingshot.

We just looked at a 29ft slingshot...very light, and should fit our needs well. Anyone have one, or have experience with the brand. It looked very well put together. It is slightly higher than a Winnie Minnie. We are mainly looking into Bunkhouse models, thanks.
Old 07-04-2013, 11:26 AM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

We have a 2014 Crossroads Sunset Trail 33BD and love it. There were just a few minor issues that were easily corrected. After reading other forums it appears this is common in the RV industry nowdays. Crossroads customer service was great in sending a part so I could fix the issue myself. Go to those manufacturers forums and take a look at the comments. We have had a great experience with our Crossroads so far and I would recommend it.
Happy Camping
The following users liked this post:
13'TwinScrew (07-06-2013)
Old 07-06-2013, 10:23 AM

Received 153 Likes on 103 Posts

Are you pulling it with a F150?? Any issues?? It was a very nice unit and we loved the layout.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:51 AM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes, I pull it with my 2010 lariat screw, 5.4L, 3.55 gears, longbox. I added the factory tow mirros and Firestone riderite airbags. It tows it great, plenty of power and little sway as long as you keep the speed below 65 in wind. Most trailers come with ST tires, which are speed rated at 65mph anyways. Just came back from a trip to the North shore of Lake Superior. I could hold 60 up the 6% grade out of Duluth, MN. I wouldn't want to do it regularly though. If I was towing more than occasionally in the hills I would upgrade to a diesel, but the gas F150 is plenty in the flat lands.

Quick Reply: CrossRoads Slingshot...thoughts?