Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coolant filter?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 09:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coolant filter?

Anyone have a coolant filtration for this truck? I am approaching 100,000 miles and getting ready for a coolant flush and just wanted to have peace of mind. I am also adding the inline tranny filter. Has anyone upgraded the tranny cooler an seen a performance / improvement in tranny temps? I have an old Baldwin heavy duty oil filter with bypass kit for myold7.3L. I am looking at buying the adapter kit from Amsoil and running oil bypass as well. Thanks
Old 10-10-2014, 08:17 AM

Received 166 Likes on 127 Posts

A little information about your truck might help. Depending on year, the non-tow package F150's don't have the same radiator with integrated tranny cooler as the tow equipped rigs. So adding one in that case would definitely help keep the tranny cool under load.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ah that would be helpful.
I have a 2012 f150 ecoboost 4x4 and it does have an integrated tyranny cooler and external cooler as well.

I just want to add the in line tyranny filter and wonder if a large cooler would inhibit the temps that the factory wanted the truck to run at. I have heard that these transmissions have a thermostat as well and don't allow flow to the external cooler until temp is reached.

This is why I ask.
My temps on transmission are max 190s when not towing.

Bypass oil filters. Anyone running a bypass on your ecoboost are you seeing a cooling benefit besides filtration benefit?

Originally Posted by xcntrk
A little information about your truck might help. Depending on year, the non-tow package F150's don't have the same radiator with integrated tranny cooler as the tow equipped rigs. So adding one in that case would definitely help keep the tranny cool under load.

Quick Reply: Coolant filter?