Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Shocks on 06F150

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 10:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Air Shocks on 06F150

Occasionally (once or twice a month) I have to haul our trailer full of scaffolding.
Due to the design of the trailer it unfortunately puts a lot of the weight over the front axle but not the rear one.
A buddy of mine has recommended replacing teh shocks on the rear of the truck with air shocks similar to
these from Amazon these from Amazon
At $60 they are considerably cheaper than rebuilding the racks on the trailer to shift the weight further back.
I rarely tow the trailer more than 20 miles full loaded so i am wondering if replacing the shocks for a set of these air shocks is a viable and safe option.
Old 02-02-2015, 07:11 PM

Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

I used these types of rear shocks for over 25 years, several sets. Always seemed to work fine and would last at least 4 years. Have a set on my '89 Bronco now. Never had to pump them up to max. They are said to be hard on shock mounts, but I've never seen a problem.

Make sure to order right ones as those in picture don't fix 2006 F150 as per amazon's fitment guru.

Air bags would be better but lots more money.
Old 02-03-2015, 01:58 PM

Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

MonroeŽ - Sensa-Trac™ Load Adjusting Shock
Sensa-Trac™ Load Adjusting Shock by MonroeŽ. 1 set. Includes Metal Dust Shield. These shocks feature position sensitive damping (PSD) and application engineered valving for improved ride and handling, and heavy-gauge calibrated springs that will help maintain ride height even with up to 1200 lbs. of additional load. They’re ideal for light trucks or tow trailers.
RockAuto:
Details on Shock
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/more...468&cc=3000987
Part Number: MONROE Part # 58653

Quick Reply: Air Shocks on 06F150