Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 Tow mirror wiring for aftermarket mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2018, 05:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2018 Tow mirror wiring for aftermarket mirrors

I have. a 2018 XL with the standard mirrors (power adjust no heat, no signals) and I want to add tow mirrors.

can anyone tell me if I add tow mirrors with power adjust and turn signals and heat options if these options will work? I am guessing that it has the standard 8 pin cable connector.

i did this on my 2010 Tundra and even though the factory mirrors only had power adjust, the tow mirrors that I put on had all the functions working.

I am am hoping it is the same with the Ford.

thanks in advance for your replies.
Old 04-16-2018, 11:36 AM
Grumpy Old Man

Location: Midland County Texas, just west of the star in my avatar
Received 879 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by Bailey1724
I have. a 2018 XL with the standard mirrors (power adjust no heat, no signals) and I want to add tow mirrors.
The standard outside rear view mirrors on a 2018 XL have manual adjust glass. If you have power adjust glass, then you probably have optional 54R/59S outside mirrors that should include heat and turn signals. The description of the OEM tow mirrors state that any capability available in the dinky little outside mirrors will be plug and play with the equivalent OEM tow mirrors. Not necessarily true with aftermarket tow mirrors, or if the standard mirrors were XL mirrors with manual adjust glass..

Quick Reply: 2018 Tow mirror wiring for aftermarket mirrors