Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 STX Tow mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2019, 06:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2018 STX Tow mirrors

I recently installed tow mirrors (JL3Z-17696-BA) with the turn signals, power glass, defrosters, puddle lights and I think they are called clearance lights on my 2018 STX.. They are manual fold and manual telescoping. I bought the 8 pin to 22 pin connector (part # JL3J-14A411-AB) but the puddle lights and clearance lights don’t work but the turn signal does. I don’t want power fold or telescoping I just want the puddle lights and clearance lights to work. Can I add the wires to make them work? I had a 2014 STX and added the tow mirrors and everything worked just plug n play

Last edited by cschaffer23; 03-20-2019 at 06:51 PM.
Old 03-22-2019, 07:41 AM

Received 496 Likes on 345 Posts

I'll try to help or at least steer you in a good direction. If you are adding mirrors that have features not included in your OEM mirrors you are in for some research and probably work. If you do a GOOGLE search for "STX tow mirrors F150 forums.com" you'll find posts of like minded persons that have asked the same questions. At the very least you may have some some programming changes to do in the door modules. You're better off asking in the 2015 - present forum as there are tons of threads on this subject. Be sure to read the FORscan sticky at the very beginning of the forum page. The first post by LIVINITUP in that thread will get you started. Be mindful the outside air temperature sensor was moved mid-year to the passenger mirror. If you don't have an error now you are probably ok.

Quick Reply: 2018 STX Tow mirrors