Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 HDPP ordered, now what happens ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2018, 01:32 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default 2018 HDPP ordered, now what happens ?

After sorting through most all I could find here,I finally placed an order for a Screw HDPP. 4x4. Ingot Silver.

Will this build take longer to deliver than a non HD payload truck ?
Never ordered before, so I知 not sure how it moves along. I have a DORA pdf ,and It has all the options I added. Ordered on 29 January. Salesman tells me he will let me know when he hears something.
Is there a web link that I can follow, ? I read that on the sight here.

To those that have ordered, what is a good timeframe for info to be relayed to me ? It took me , what seems like forever to make the move, of course now it can稚 come soon enough. : ) I知 sure if I call the right desk at my dealer and ask the right questions, someone knows more than the sales rep.
Thank you all for the feedback.

Rock.
Old 02-07-2018, 07:00 AM

Received 336 Likes on 261 Posts

When I bought my 2013 HDPP. I purposely bought it off the lot. At least in 2013, they made the HDPP twice a year at the end of the run. Ordering one was going to take to long. Not sure when the spring time run was . But the fall run was in September and from November to March I found at 12 HDPP new on the lots in a 30 miles drive of my house.
Settled on a XLT because there was on XL, XLTS and zero Lariats.
Hopefully things got quicker. Good luck.
The following users liked this post:
Rock Ford (02-07-2018)
Old 02-07-2018, 07:49 AM

Received 133 Likes on 106 Posts

I ordered my hdpp on January 26 and was issued my vin on February 1 with a delivery set for April 15 so my time frame seems to be about the same.
Rock Ford (02-08-2018)
Old 02-07-2018, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by aliass24
I ordered my hdpp on January 26 and was issued my vin on February 1 with a delivery set for April 15 so my time frame seems to be about the same.
This is good news, maybe I will be lucky here. I had two dealers check fo HDPP trucks , both said zero inventory for the western region of US. I had a hunch this would be a different time frame for ordering, just never imagined only twice a year.

What trim level did you order ? My order was put in for a Lariat.

Last edited by Rock Ford; 02-07-2018 at 09:07 AM.
Old 02-07-2018, 10:54 AM
Grumpy Old Man

Location: Midland County Texas, just west of the star in my avatar
Received 879 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock Ford
Will this build take longer to deliver than a non HD payload truck ? ...

To those that have ordered, what is a good timeframe for info to be relayed to me ?

Normal order and ship time is 6 weeks. But all sorts of complications can come up that delays production. Commodity shortage is the most common problem. HDPP tires, wheels, frames, etc. must be available in Ford inventory before they can schedule the order for production. If they don't have HDPP wheels right now, then the order cannot be scheduled for production. Demand exceeding supply is another, when dealers must get in line and have an "allocation" for the exact vehicle you order.

I checked my dealer last fall about ordering a 2018 F-150 Lariat HDPP. At that time, he said 90 days minimum, and probably closer to 4 months because demand exceeded supply at that time. If I ordered, he would have to ask his zone manager for an allocation to get me that F-150 in a reasonable timeframe of 90 to 120 days.

The last Ford I ordered was my current 2012 F-150. It took 7 weeks to be delivered to the dealer.

Ford does a good job in telling the dealer the current status of the order and the latest projected delivery date to the dealer. Any manager at the Ford store can look in the computer and get you the latest status. That's why I always order from a manager such as the fleet manager instead of from a salesman.

The dealer posts the new order to the order bank. The new vehicle order processing center in Dearborn "pulls" orders from the order bank once a week, probably on Thursday. By Friday the dealer can look in the computer and see if an order has been pulled out of the order bank and scheduled for production. If it has not been scheduled yet, then you know you have another week to wait before checking again. After it has been scheduled for production, then count on another month for waiting in line, assembly, shipping by rail, pick up at the rail yard by a car-hauler truck, then delivery to the dealer.
The following 2 users liked this post by smokeywren:
Ricktwuhk (02-07-2018), Rock Ford (02-08-2018)
Old 02-07-2018, 11:40 AM

Received 133 Likes on 106 Posts

Mines also a lariat. The only options I ordered were bucket seats, tailgate step and reverse sensing and what ever else is included.
Old 02-07-2018, 02:54 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Our HDPP XLT Crew 3.5 Eco was ordered on November 15th, 2017, delivered to the dealer on January 27, 2018. That supposedly included a 2 week holiday plant shutdown. As I've heard, all the HDPP trucks are built at the Kansas City plant. Haven't taken delivery of ours... not sure if we will, or it we'll reorder another one... it came from the factory with a bad main pump in the transmission.

Once you have a VIN, you can track the build/delivery status using http://www.cotus.ford.com/

Last edited by Leaf-Peeper; 02-07-2018 at 02:57 PM.
Rock Ford (02-08-2018)
Old 02-07-2018, 06:04 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I ordered my HDPP Sept. 15th, and it was on the dealer's lot on Nov. 17th. It was prepped and I took delivery on Nov. 20. So it took 9 weeks to get here, and a day to prep. I think the delivery was about 3 weeks from KC. It was off the assembly line in 6 weeks.
Rock Ford (02-08-2018)
Old 02-07-2018, 11:38 PM

Received 208 Likes on 168 Posts

Congrats on your new truck. I ordered a new 2015 Lariat HDPP and the order was cancelled by Ford as they weren't going to be able to build any that year. They gave me a $2k incentive in return that was good until April 2016. I ordered a 2016 on the first day the order banks opened up, and it was scheduled to be delivered in March. I was then notified that the HDPP trucks were going to be delayed until July, and by the way, my $2,000 "apology" incentive was not being extended. I kept the order active, but finally found a used 2014 HDPP XLT with only 7500 miles on it from Canada and bought it instead, cancelling my order. Corporately they would not respond to my requests for updates and would give only limited replies to the dealership. A written request to Ford asking them to consider extending my incentive was not even honored with a reply.. It sounds like Ford has now finally got it's act in order,
Old 02-08-2018, 01:45 AM

Thanks for all the replies. I emailed Sales GM at my purchasing dealer early this am and received his reply this afternoon. Vin # assigned.
Build scheduled for the week of the 26 March, with delivery 12 to 18 of April. All estimated, but he said they are generally pretty close. The last 5 of the vin 00940. Kansas City Mo assembly plant.

So with what I read here, I guess only HDPP trucks are rolling down the assembly line ? Silly question I guess and makes sense. I知 excited for the day.

The DORA is dated 1/29 This time frame is just short of 11 weeks max. I知 good with this. .

Quick Reply: 2018 HDPP ordered, now what happens ?