2018 2.7l ecoboost shutsdown - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 2.7l ecoboost shutsdown

Old 02-23-2019, 07:41 PM

Default 2018 2.7l ecoboost shutsdown

Hey guys, new member here and trying to get some info, so quick rundown, I have a 2018 F150 with the 2.7l ecoboost super crew with tow pkg, so I go on vacation and have a 6x10 enclosed trailer with a motorcycle Inside, total weight of trailer and bike 2000lb, after about 4hrs of driving I pull into a toll booth and truck just quits, comes up in dash Start/Stop manual restart required. I had never seen that before, so I start it and it quits again..I try this several times eventually I had to give it abit of gas to stay running and also have to put it in gear at a higher idle which it did not like, so I drive a mile or so where I can pull over and it quits again with same msg in dash..I got the truck back home and now it seems fine, anybody has this issue?
Old 02-23-2019, 09:26 PM

Sounds like the fuel injector issue. Read about it on the forum somewhere.
Old 02-27-2019, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by Nascarguy View Post
Hey guys, new member here and trying to get some info, so quick rundown, I have a 2018 F150 with the 2.7l ecoboost super crew with tow pkg, so I go on vacation and have a 6x10 enclosed trailer with a motorcycle Inside, total weight of trailer and bike 2000lb, after about 4hrs of driving I pull into a toll booth and truck just quits, comes up in dash Start/Stop manual restart required. I had never seen that before, so I start it and it quits again..I try this several times eventually I had to give it abit of gas to stay running and also have to put it in gear at a higher idle which it did not like, so I drive a mile or so where I can pull over and it quits again with same msg in dash..I got the truck back home and now it seems fine, anybody has this issue?
Any update OP? (I have same engine.)
Old 02-27-2019, 08:08 AM

Yes I called ford and they told me they have had a few trucks in with this issue and it's just a software update or flash they called it...mine goes in Friday for the update, so I guess time will tell!!
Old 02-27-2019, 09:27 AM

at least ford is doing something about it and not making up some excuse
Old 02-27-2019, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Nascarguy View Post
Yes I called ford and they told me they have had a few trucks in with this issue and it's just a software update or flash they called it...mine goes in Friday for the update, so I guess time will tell!!
cool. If you wouldn’t mind on Friday, please ask them for the name of the flash and if there is a TSB number. If there is, update this thread so people can fix their trucks should they also experience the issue.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kehyler For This Useful Post:
UnkLeRaRa (02-27-2019), williegator (02-28-2019)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2018 2.7l ecoboost shutsdown

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: