Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2017 3.5 Super Crew Hitch Wiring Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2017, 10:40 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default 2017 3.5 EB Super Crew Hitch Wiring Question

Just bought a 3.5 EB which came with no hitch but has the 4-wire plug sitting back there all wired into the harness.
One of the trailers I'm going to be towing has a 5 wire plug on it so I can have my trailer brakes did-engage when I back up. That makes me want to put a 7 way plug back there and adapt from there.
Will my factory wiring strapped to the frame back there under the bed have the plugs in place so I can buy the 7 way plug from Ford or elsewhere and get this done??
Thanks in advance for your replies.

Last edited by F150-Camper; 12-11-2017 at 10:50 PM.
Old 12-11-2017, 10:44 PM

Received 897 Likes on 680 Posts

Originally Posted by F150-Camper
Just bought a 3.5 EB which came with no hitch but has the 4-wire plug sitting back there all wired into the harness.
One of the trailers I'm going to be towing has a 5 wire plug on it so I can have my trailer brakes did-engage when I back up. That makes me want to put a 7 way plug back there and adapt from there.
Will my factory wiring strapped to the frame back there under the bed have the plugs in place so I can buy the 7 way plug from Ford or elsewhere and get this done??
Thanks in advance for your replies.
From what I have seen, yes, the wiring harness should be in place to plug in the 7 pin harness. I would crawl under and double check though.

You also wanna be careful, since your truck came with no tow package you may not have the proper trans cooling for towing over 5000 lbs.

Quick Reply: 2017 3.5 Super Crew Hitch Wiring Question