Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 Box Hook Ratings

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 06:38 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2015 Box Hook Ratings

Been searching and having trouble finding out how much the hooks in the truck bed are rated for. I have a sled deck in, back is fastened with 2 ratchet straps, front is secured down with turn buckles. Now when I put it in I didn't realize how "flimsy" they appear to be plus they are fastened down with 1/4"? bolts? Does anyone now how much these are rated for? I did crank down on the turn buckles by hand but never attempted a wrench to make it tighter in fear of busting it. Just not sure if I should trust the sled deck with a 500lbs on the back? Thoughts?
Old 11-07-2015, 02:01 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Location: Midland County Texas, just west of the star in my avatar
Received 879 Likes on 686 Posts

The weight capacity oft he stock 2015 F-150 bed cleats apparently is a big secret. I suspect it's 1,000 pounds, but that's just an educated guess.

My solution would be to use "Bull ring" tie-downs, which I'm positive are rated for 1000 pounds. I used them for over 10 years on my last F-250. They were available for 2014 and earlier F-150s, but apparently not for 2015. But I'm sure you can find a similar tie down that mounts in the stake pockets and rated for 1,000 pounds. However, those may not work with your deck that probably covers the stake pockets.
Amazon.com: 4003 Bull Ring SS Universal Retractable Direct From Factory 1-Pair: Automotive Amazon.com: 4003 Bull Ring SS Universal Retractable Direct From Factory 1-Pair: Automotive

So next step would be to call Ford parts and ask them the weight specs for the stock bed cleats. I thought maybe the Ford replacement lockable bed cleats would include specs, but no such luck.
Old 11-08-2015, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by smokeywren
The weight capacity oft he stock 2015 F-150 bed cleats apparently is a big secret. I suspect it's 1,000 pounds, but that's just an educated guess.

My solution would be to use "Bull ring" tie-downs, which I'm positive are rated for 1000 pounds. I used them for over 10 years on my last F-250. They were available for 2014 and earlier F-150s, but apparently not for 2015. But I'm sure you can find a similar tie down that mounts in the stake pockets and rated for 1,000 pounds. However, those may not work with your deck that probably covers the stake pockets.
Amazon.com: 4003 Bull Ring SS Universal Retractable Direct From Factory 1-Pair: Automotive

So next step would be to call Ford parts and ask them the weight specs for the stock bed cleats. I thought maybe the Ford replacement lockable bed cleats would include specs, but no such luck.
Big secret! No kidding. My 07 Duramax had welded hooks and never once worried me. Now I have a dinky cleat that makes noises as I just use my hand power to turn the turn buckles. Wonder if I lose my sled because of a broken cleat Ford will replace my sled Thanks for the info on the hooks.
Old 11-08-2015, 08:34 PM

Received 35 Likes on 18 Posts

Looks like 275 pounds A-A and 600 pounds of force A-B. I hope I understood your question.
Old 11-09-2015, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Ranger230

Looks like 275 pounds A-A and 600 pounds of force A-B. I hope I understood your question.
Actually...Is that showing the boxlink system? I'm referring to the factory cleats unless I'm mistaken, but I have box that came with the truck for the boxlink I think. I could also add those to the box to secure the sled deck more.
Old 11-09-2015, 11:22 AM

Received 35 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Caper3x
Actually...Is that showing the boxlink system? I'm referring to the factory cleats unless I'm mistaken, but I have box that came with the truck for the boxlink I think. I could also add those to the box to secure the sled deck more.
Yes that is for the Boxlink system. Those are the only rating I see. I haven't seen any rating for the permanent cleats.

I thought there was a possibility I misunderstood your question.

Quick Reply: 2015 Box Hook Ratings