Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2001 F150 Lariat 7700 4x4 trailer tow relays

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 08:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile 2001 F150 Lariat 7700 4x4 trailer tow relays

Hello, I hope someone can get me the part # for the TRAILER TOW RELAYS. Called Ford and they are not helping. The truck came with factory trailer tow package but basic tow. Not all relays are there.

I do not have 12v at my 7 pin.
I need the part number for the trailer tow battery charge relay. According to my relay diagram from the book and under the hood it would be relay #302 and it is empty.
I would also need the half relay #203 trailer tow backup relay. It is currently empty also. All the other tow related relays and fuses seems to be there.

Please help with the part # 2001 F150 Lariat 7700 4X4 5.4L V8 Triton
- Trailer tow battery charge full relay slot #302
- Trailer tow backup 1/2 relay slot #203

Thank you in advance so so so much!

Old 02-15-2018, 11:38 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Location: Midland County Texas, just west of the star in my avatar
Received 879 Likes on 686 Posts

Ford normally stocks parts for vehicles up to 10 years old. After that, you're looking at the vintage or antique parts market.

But if those relays are still used in later-model Fords, they may be available in the parts counter at your Ford dealer.

The first step is to visit a dealer's parts counter and ask for those parts.

- Trailer tow battery charge full relay slot #302
- Trailer tow backup 1/2 relay slot #203
The RV battery charge wire is usually called the 12-volt hot wire or power wire, but some call it the battery charge wire.

But the wire that powers the trailer's backup lights is almost never called the backup lights wire. Instead it's usually called the auxiliary power wire. But you can use it for anything that requires 12 volts, including trailer backup lights, porch lights, whatever.

7-pin RV plug wiring diagram
Old 02-16-2018, 06:49 AM

Received 964 Likes on 742 Posts

I can go out and get you numbers in a couple hours, but those relays are common and any decent auto parts store will have them. Ford basically uses two sizes of relay, big and little. You can rob one of each from other locations in the panel to take in for comparison. If the pin configuration is the same, they'll work, nothing special or hard to find about them.

Quick Reply: 2001 F150 Lariat 7700 4x4 trailer tow relays