Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2.7 Eco Tow Update:

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2019, 01:19 PM

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts
Default 2.7 Eco Tow Update:

Well I just brought back boat from storage unit to prep it for a fishing day tomorrow, and sunbathing for the Admiral and Daughter,,,

i am very impressed how she towed and handled my 5k boat package. I give a thumbs up on the 2.7 and the Torque. I barely knew the boat was back there and that’s unbiased. Remember I came from a Honda Ridgeline that I used as the tow Vehicle and was at max capacity. I’ll tow this to the Keys without a second thought. I also have surge brakes on both trailer clean.
Joe
Old 07-16-2019, 01:20 PM

That was surge brakes on both axles.
Old 07-16-2019, 01:29 PM

Received 223 Likes on 151 Posts

Nice looking setup, glad you had a good experience. I am debating "downgrading" to the 2.7 on our next truck. Our boat stays about 10 miles from the lake in Storage so we really don't tow a lot and I would love the bump in unloaded mpg.

We are right on the line as far as weight though, closer to 6,750lbs, still hearing it did well /w 5k is good to know.
Old 07-16-2019, 07:24 PM

Jeff,

There is a YouTube video of a guy towing the max capacity (7500) with a 2015 2.7 and he talks about it as he’s driving. His Truck seems to pull without issue. It also maintains speed/rpms as he climbs a decent grade. The 2018 2.7 got a bump in torque to 400 ft lbs along with direct injection for precise fuel/air n combustion ratio.
My next boat package will prolly weigh around 6k-7k and I am sure the 2.7 will handle without issue also.

I think all the engines are great, I did a lot of research before I sought out the 2.7 Eco. I too don’t tow that much so I wanted a good compromise. With that being said, I am very satisfied how this engine responds both loaded and unloaded.

Originally Posted by Jeff1024
Nice looking setup, glad you had a good experience. I am debating "downgrading" to the 2.7 on our next truck. Our boat stays about 10 miles from the lake in Storage so we really don't tow a lot and I would love the bump in unloaded mpg.

We are right on the line as far as weight though, closer to 6,750lbs, still hearing it did well /w 5k is good to know.

Quick Reply: 2.7 Eco Tow Update: