Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1A Auto tow mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2016, 07:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1A Auto tow mirrors

So I just recieved my power fold tow mirrors for my 2014 Screw, They seem to be decent quality but I purchased the PTM match caps and they have no install instructions. I contacted 1A auto and they said look it up on google "NOT impressed with there customer service" Has any one removed the tow mirror caps in order to install the PTM caps, Can some one help me out. If I break something than i am out 500 dollars may have to return these mirrors and stick with OEM small mirrors
Old 09-13-2016, 10:11 AM
Grumpy Old Man

Location: Midland County Texas, just west of the star in my avatar
Received 879 Likes on 686 Posts

Don't cut off your nose to spite your face. Use the tow mirrors with the caps they came with until you can find good instructions on how to R&R the caps.
Old 09-13-2016, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very good advise, turns out the caps remove like the OEM F250 caps, would have been nice if 1A Auto had simply stated that fact, over all the mirrors do appear to be decent quality, time will tell
Old 09-14-2016, 09:56 PM

Received 281 Likes on 217 Posts

Just a FWIW

I purchased the same mirrors for an 04 and have two years of beating trees off of them hunting and fishing and still going strong. I really have nothing but good things to say about them.

I am a little surprised at the customer service. I would have contacted Tony directly, the salesman that posts in the vendor section here.

I think you will be happy with them in the long run.
Old 01-22-2017, 09:33 AM

Received 152 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Jims14Screw
So I just recieved my power fold tow mirrors for my 2014 Screw, They seem to be decent quality but I purchased the PTM match caps and they have no install instructions. I contacted 1A auto and they said look it up on google "NOT impressed with there customer service" Has any one removed the tow mirror caps in order to install the PTM caps, Can some one help me out. If I break something than i am out 500 dollars may have to return these mirrors and stick with OEM small mirrors
did you wire the lights to operate as running lights? If so where did you tap in to?

Quick Reply: 1A Auto tow mirrors