Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1A Auto says they have now tow mirrors compatible with my 2013???

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2018, 03:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1A Auto says they have now tow mirrors compatible with my 2013???

oops title should have read "no" instead of "now"... apparently I can not edit the title once its posted lol

I just got off the phone with 1A Auto and they told me they have no tow mirrors that will work on my truck. Other than clip on's which I'm not really interested in.

I have a 2013 Lariat with standard (non towing) mirrors that are heated, memory, power folding with turn signal and puddle light.

I was deciding between these two mirrors...
This set matched all my current mirror options except there is no memory function and no puddle light.
https://www.1aauto.com/2007-14-ford-f150-truck-mirror-pair-trail-ridge-tr00172/i/1amrp01414?f=867968&y=2013

The second set added the memory function but still did not have the puddle light option.
https://www.1aauto.com/2007-14-ford-f150-truck-mirror-pair-trail-ridge-tr00173/i/1amrp01415?f=867979&y=2013

A couple other options they had were to go with chrome or paintable caps. I figured I'd just keep it simple and go with textured black plastic. But the problem the guy told me was that none of the tow mirrors they offered matched my exact current mirror options. Main option they lacked was the puddle light. So I asked him about the lights in the second link and he said since they lack the puddle light that the plug may not operate the other functions correctly (may be pinned differently than my connector). I would have assumed that either mirror option above would work and that the pins feeding power to the puddle light/memory function would just have a blank spot on the connector that comes with the mirrors.

I would assume that this has come up before and I have searched the forums looking for an answer but am not seeing it.

Thanks in advance for the help!

edited to add... He went by my VIN to look up feature set. And apparently the option of a clearance light in the first link is not the same as a puddle light. Their clearance light is built into the same spot as the signal indicator which is powered differently than a puddle light?

Last edited by MaxxHavoc; 08-17-2018 at 04:08 PM. Reason: added info
Old 08-19-2018, 12:27 AM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

The newer style tow mirrors do not have the puddle light, only the clearance light. I was okay with this since I put puddle lights above my running boards instead. Mine are power fold and memory and have worked fine for the past year. I also fold mine at least once per day(usually more) while I am at work.
The following users liked this post:
MaxxHavoc (08-20-2018)

Quick Reply: 1A Auto says they have now tow mirrors compatible with my 2013???