Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

YUKON007's 06' XLT... Alaskan Built

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 06:18 PM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Default YUKON007's 06' XLT... Alaskan Built

So I’ve been lurking for a while and done a ton of work on my 2006 F150 SCREW XLT mostly based on the ideas and threads from this site. I have a problem leaving things alone, and I hate seeing the same truck as mine rolling down the road past me. Those two ingredients make for an expensive habit, but like most of you on here I wouldn’t trade my little addiction for anything.

A little background on my ride, I’ll be brief I know people come for pics not text. I live in Alaska and I bought it straight out of college in 2012, from a ford dealership for an outrageous price that still haunts me. I had been looking for MONTHS for the perfect truck, so when I found her my poker face looked more like a kid who just heard the ice cream truck. FINALLY!! These car salesmen are good and knew as soon as I cracked a grin that they had me on the hook. Well lesson learned. When I bought her she had only 47,000 miles and every bit of aftermarket chrome she could handle. Towing package, bench seats, sliding moon roof, etc.

I’ve included a picture of the day I got her, and a picture of how she sits now. A lot of you chrome lovers will say I’ve erred by even touching her, but after one Alaskan winter I can tell you that chrome was hurting and I have never looked back after ripping it off.

The day I took her home, you can see the chrome bug deflector, chrome headlight things, and chrome taillight things, chrome grille surround, chrome step bars… You get the point.

This is essentially how she sits now, I’ll chronicle my MODs in the next couple posts and either as they happen or as I remember them. These pictures are missing a second light bar but they are the most recent.

Old 02-16-2014, 06:22 PM

Received 159 Likes on 145 Posts

Nice looking truck, beautiful background.
The following users liked this post:
YUKON007 (02-16-2014)
Old 02-16-2014, 06:29 PM

Thanks man! Yea the backdrops here in AK make taking truck pictures easy haha. Snap a nice picture of some mountains and squeeze my truck in a corner and everyone will love it.

Everyone I need input: I've been toying with the idea of removing the chrome rocker panels and vinyl wrapping the front/back bumpers to match the truck. On one hand the chrome sets my truck apart, I don't see many trucks with it but on the other hand I think the truck would look cleaner as solid Silver... Which one? lose the chrome or keep it?
Old 02-16-2014, 06:49 PM

Received 159 Likes on 145 Posts

I have some of the same issue, hard to find a balance. Personally, I'd remove the rockers then sit back and see how you like it.
Old 02-16-2014, 06:56 PM
Zax
♫♪ I Hold On ♫♪

Received 77 Likes on 72 Posts

Hey man! Truck looks great! I would remove the chrome rockers personally, never been a fan, and also being in ak I know those have to be a pita to keep looking good .
The following users liked this post:
YUKON007 (02-16-2014)
Old 02-16-2014, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Jus Jim
I have some of the same issue, hard to find a balance. Personally, I'd remove the rockers then sit back and see how you like it.
That's not a bad idea. Maybe I'll remove one side and see how she looks. 3M makes a vinyl that I can use for the bumpers that almost perfectly matches my stock paint color. I'm just bad at visualizing the end product! That and I'm finicky about how my truck looks!

I like your signature, hits the nail on the head!
Old 02-16-2014, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Zax
Hey man! Truck looks great! I would remove the chrome rockers personally, never been a fan, and also being in ak I know those have to be a pita to keep looking good .
AMEN to that! I wash the truck weekly but the chrome is ALWAYS a hassle. I am surprised how long the rockers have lasted, they are definitely higher quality than the rest of the chrome aftermarket stuff originally on the truck. Decisions decisions...
Old 02-17-2014, 02:52 PM

So I know I was going to start with the oldest MODs first but I can't wait. Last night I FINALLY pulled the trigger on some 20x9 rims with +10mm offset wrapped in 295/60/20 Trail Grapplers. Ever since I bought the truck I've been searching for a unique set of rims that I don't see often and that grabbed my attention. Just like everyone here I'm overly picky on what goes on my truck, but I finally found a place selling the rims I fell in love with. Everyone else is back ordered for months, which is surprising since I have searched high and low and found only one F150 with them. So stoked for these puppies to come in, and even though it may be winter you bet your sweet a** they'll be going straight on!
Old 02-17-2014, 02:55 PM
Tyler K.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where'd you get that front oval with the mountains? Those look sweet. And what LED bar is that?
Old 02-17-2014, 03:00 PM

Also have to give it up to the guys at BB Wheels. I emailed them on a Sunday knowing they were closed, got an email in the middle of the night back from them answering all my questions. I also called on Sunday, in a hope to catch someone (yes I'm very impatient) and promptly got an automatic text message with an apology and a promise to call me back , and another text message early this morning asking if there was anything else they could help with. Talk about staying in contact! They had the best pricing on the rims and were the only shop I could find who actually had a pair in stock, and to top it off they were running a "last pair in stock" sale on them...

I called this morning because I had to coordinate shipping to Alaska, the rims and tires were already shipped out, and on their way with all pertinent info completed. I was shocked! These guys are ON TOP OF IT! I highly suggest them to ANYONE looking for a personable interactive online shop to buy from. I can say I felt like their only customer, definite VIP treatment...

Quick Reply: YUKON007's 06' XLT... Alaskan Built