Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Wife's 2015 SuperCrew EcoBoost F150

Old 11-21-2018, 11:36 AM

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Default The Wife's 2015 SuperCrew EcoBoost F150

We need a truck that will be a do-it-all vehicle and the '15 F150 checked all the boxes that we needed. This is meant to replace both my wife's DD '98 100 Series Toyota Land Cruiser and my '02 Chevy 2500 tow rig, this will be her DD and my occasional tow rig for the ****** on the weekends. I think it will be great for all our adventures and road trips. It's a 2015 Ford F150 Lariat, 3.5 EcoBoost V6, FX4 package (rear locker, hill decent assist, skid plates & offroad shocks), 36 gallon tank, 5.5' bed & has 58k miles. It has 3.55 gears, LED lighting package, etc. It's loaded, the interior feel is very high-end, which is nice when she really wanted a 200 Series Land Cruiser. It has heated and cooled leather seats, heated steering wheel, etc.It has a slight coolant leak, I believe it's coming from one of the connections going into the turbo. It's a common failure, apparently. I would imagine it still has the original spark plugs, so it'll get new Motorcraft plugs soon, too. The tires aren't great either, they're low on tread and I don't care for Goodyears, so new tires are on the list, too. We plan to do some basic mods to make it ride and tow better, with some improvements in offroad capability. It may see some dirt, but we will save the hard stuff for the Jeep. There is a good chance we'll be taking the EcoBoost to Baja, Mexico this Winter, so that may cause us to speed up the mods.

We bought it in SLC, Utah and on the 250 miles drive, the mileage computer registered 21 MPG back to Grand Junction, CO (not sure how accurate it is, need to get some hand calculated numbers). Much of the driving is lower speed and Catherine always gets better mileage than I do when she's driving.

The following users liked this post:
Bubbabiker (11-28-2018)
Old 11-21-2018, 12:27 PM
El Borracho

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Very nice and clean truck. Welcome and congrats on your recent purchase.
Greg@RME (11-21-2018)
Old 11-23-2018, 02:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same truck but in black Any thoughts on changing anything? I thought about taking the running boards off but not sure yet...
Greg@RME (11-24-2018)
Old 11-24-2018, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by joeyfh
I have the same truck but in black Any thoughts on changing anything? I thought about taking the running boards off but not sure yet...
I asked my wife about the running boards, specifically taking them off. She wants to keep them, so they're going to stay. We do have some changes coming soon, mostly to make it tow better, increase offroad performance and to make the looks a bit better. I'll post those changes in a week or 2 and update this thread.

Old 12-09-2018, 06:25 PM

I installed the Falcon Sport Tow/Haul shocks last weekend, leveling the truck. At the same time, I removed the lower deflector under the bumper, I think it makes the truck look better.... it was also broken by the PO. I swapped out the factory antennae with a stubby one, since the factory one hit the garage door when pulling in & out. More to come!

Last edited by Greg@RME; 12-09-2018 at 06:27 PM.
Old 12-09-2018, 06:27 PM

It's amazing what a few minor changes can do for a truck... and even more so when each one compliments the other. The F150 is now rolling on Method NV 305 wheels, BFGoodrich 285/70/17 KO2 tires and leveled with the Falcon shocks. The truck rides and drives so much better, the tires help the truck feel even tighter, they'll be beefy enough for offroad adventures and the Method wheels add looks and strength! I've never cared for faux beadlocks, but these wheels just looked good to me. It feels like this truck is a proper beast now, not a huge transformation but just enough!I got around to doing the front brakes as well, the rotors were gouged and making ugly noises. I upgraded to cross drilled and slotted rotors with premium semi-metallic brake pads from BrakePerformance.com, these parts were sourced from my friends at Anchor Mountain Overland . The brakes needed attention and this will be a nice upgrade over stock parts when we're towing heavy loads.

I'm loving this truck now.... it just needs window tint on the front to wrap it all up!
Old 01-12-2019, 10:19 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Really like your setup. I will likely go the same route. Any issues with rubbing? Did you have to trim at all? Thanks and looks killer!
Old 01-12-2019, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Jake the Snake
Really like your setup. I will likely go the same route. Any issues with rubbing? Did you have to trim at all? Thanks and looks killer!
Thanks, we're both very happy with how it came together. The truck looks much sharper than stock and gained some performance and better driving/towing/off-roading with the shocks.

We have some very slight rubbing, the previous owner installed some thick rubber mud flaps and the tires just lightly rub them at full turn. It's hardly noticeable and not enough to do anything about, really. At first I didn't like the mud flaps, but they help keep road grime off the side of the truck, so they'll probably stay.
Jake the Snake (01-17-2019)
Old 01-12-2019, 10:38 AM

Oh, quick update.... the last thing we did was tint the front windows to match the rears and added a strip of tint over the top of the windshield. Added a little more privacy and protection from the sun while driving. And then we loaded it up and took it to Baja!

https://www.f150forum.com/f34/lets-g...report-435621/

Old 01-22-2019, 03:32 PM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks mean. I like it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Wife's 2015 SuperCrew EcoBoost F150