Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

War Machine Build up 8 years and going

Old 11-25-2014, 07:30 PM
lost my Car again...

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

Cool War Machine Build up 8 years and going

Ive had this truck for 8 years now it has never let me down once at all. and along the way i have been building it up slow customizing my 1994 F150.
the history of it before me was an old mans last truck he bought direct from the ford factory back in 93 he ordered a regular cab short bed with 4x4 manual 5 speed with the Inline 6 manual locking hubs single tank and factory special Ultra Red paint. he owned it for quite sometime until he passed away leaving the truck to his grandson which then his father made him sell it, My mother sold her only car to buy this truck for me so i can go off to college and become a master tech. It moved me up north then 2 more times along the way some adventures and upgrades and quite a few hundred gallons of fuel

It started out looking like this, nothing fancy some fender flairs tool box and tanau cover with 33 bfgs and a light window tint.
Name:  psO7Fro.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  43.2 KB
War Machine Build up 8 years and going-30nzbym.jpg

over the years I have added a bronco swing away spair tire holder to the back end smoked the rear tailights (not reverse light section) added a KC daylighter wired to switch on when in reverse, 102" whip antenna on the back bumper 2 led light bars the top mounted to the roof is a 52" spot flood combo and the front bumper a 42" spot flood combo bar both wired via relay to a missile switch mounted to the dash bezel, every light apart from the headlights are LEDs using a electronic flasher to remove the need for resistors splicing and the instrament cluster has been modified to show red light leds for better nighttime driving. the trim and doors have been custom painted red to match the exterior as well as the Sony head unit red in color tied into 2 300 watt front speakers and 2 400 watt 4 way speakers in the back
a cobra cb radio with PA system and a 102" antenna out back.and a bowie knife handle 4x4 shift handle.
the engine and transmission is stock apart from the 6 litre tuneup and K&N high flow filter and 2.5in Y pipe stock muffler dumping out under the bed.

over 8 years its changed its look some but still reliable as ever.
Name:  Rd4L8ji.jpg
Views: 433
Size:  21.3 KB
War Machine Build up 8 years and going-1roo2l4.jpg
War Machine Build up 8 years and going-wi6lewh.jpg
War Machine Build up 8 years and going-zqornwd.jpg
War Machine Build up 8 years and going-koqpuzc.jpg
War Machine Build up 8 years and going-ifh963o.jpg

My future plans are to get rid of the pesky body rust with brand new panels and metal.
Pre runner fiberglass fender flairs
pre runner rear fiberglass bed sides
Custom push bumper brush guard combo
Custom roof/ safari rack with led bars mounted front rear and side for 360 illumination
3g Upgrade with a 190amp alternator
f250 springs all around
heavy duty shocks
led reverse light
custom shot gun holster up front. and gun rack in tool box.
* unsure of the local laws but I would like to make a exo cage from expanded metal over the cab possibly removable. I am sure you can see where im going with this build and yeah I am this crazy.
Attached Images  

Last edited by TheCollector; 11-26-2014 at 10:53 AM.
Old 11-26-2014, 09:26 AM
lost my Car again...

Today before the snow starts flying im going to be doing some engine bay clean up re wiring my led bars with better wiring quick disconnects and wire loom to keep it looking stock and tidy under the hood Pictures soon
Old 04-21-2015, 03:04 PM
lost my Car again...

Default Summertime is here!

After a long winter of snow snow sunshine then more snow its dry and warm enough to start working on my Truck once again
I am ordering parts and am still on the fence on which lock out hubs to get. I prefer to keep the red handle but the plastic needs to go!
So far parts list as follows.
front shock towers
front radius arms
f250 springs
f250 leafs
shocks
33 bfg all or mud.

I took my truck out for a little recovery of my Subaru and I ended up coming down hard onto something getting out and the front spring tower decided to give out on me. Which to be fair i new it was getting a bit crispy but hey even with a broken leg War machine drove me all the way home so Ford built tough!
Some pictures of the event.
Subaru frame deep after slipping to the side right into the nice thick groves.
War Machine Build up 8 years and going-5de8p0v.jpg
My truck almost frame deep rubbing on the axle some
War Machine Build up 8 years and going-vxoipit.jpg
Click image for larger version

Name:	vXOiPiT.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	991.5 KB
ID:	570035
War Machine Build up 8 years and going-9jjfpdq.jpg
then the battle wound
War Machine Build up 8 years and going-8y9s1w2.jpg

War machines seen better days but thankfully money is slowly comming in and ill be able to afford to fix it up properly and get it ready for pulling out the Chevys
Old 04-21-2015, 10:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any videos of the volume and quality of the PA system?
Old 04-24-2015, 09:00 AM
lost my Car again...

Originally Posted by macdonjo
Any videos of the volume and quality of the PA system?
uh no... it would be a bit pointless considering i dont have good recording equipment. But I can say cruzing in 4th down center street 35mph people on the sidewalk can hear me well 2-3 yards away. At a stand still idling you can hear me well. If you are looking for a good quality Pa system I recomend hitting up the local PDs auctions and snag there PA system if you can. or find one off eBay. I chose the smaller compact style to keep it hidden on my truck.
Old 04-30-2015, 12:24 AM
lost my Car again...

Parts are in! well a few of them, the new springs and spring towers!

I ordered some progressive heavy duty springs for a 94 f150 5.8l engine for a bit extra height and made sure the spring towers will work with them.
I still need a new locking hub and rear leafs. and put it all in!
War Machine Build up 8 years and going-rkgq2rs.jpg
War Machine Build up 8 years and going-58doh22.jpg
War Machine Build up 8 years and going-vdrntlc.jpg
Old 04-30-2015, 04:26 PM

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts

I kind of wish I had an older model truck. So much less to go wrong.
Old 05-01-2015, 06:58 PM
lost my Car again...

Originally Posted by redknight1
I kind of wish I had an older model truck. So much less to go wrong.
I agree there is less to go wrong, In Maine Mostly the only thing ive been battling with my truck is rust. never had any issues with the drive train just a burnt out clutch after the first year of driving it LOL (I learned how to drive Stick in it too) the master cylinder and the slave cylinder which I bent some how and now the Hub is gone on the drivers side but all basic maintenance things.

There getting harder and harder to find in good shape and cheap. buy now!! a 1996 f150 is the one to get, upgradable somewhat programmable and much more options for performance parts for the v8s the I6 is a great powerhouse and will outlast most anything but costs a bit more cash to get it up and going
Old 11-03-2015, 09:35 PM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Amazing truck, brother! I've got a 96 (300 I6) and I'm really wondering how you did that spare tire mount, I've been looking to do something like that and that looks freakin awesome. Especially with the light up one there!

Last edited by midnightduddie96; 11-03-2015 at 09:46 PM.
Old 11-03-2015, 09:40 PM

Received 394 Likes on 361 Posts

Any updates?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: War Machine Build up 8 years and going