tvsjr's 2018 F150 Lariat Special Edition (SE) build - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Go Back  Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Ford F150 Forums > Members Builds
tvsjr's 2018 F150 Lariat Special Edition (SE) build >

tvsjr's 2018 F150 Lariat Special Edition (SE) build

Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tvsjr's 2018 F150 Lariat Special Edition (SE) build

Old 07-11-2018, 11:55 AM

Default tvsjr's 2018 F150 Lariat Special Edition (SE) build

I'm creating this build thread now, with the expectation of lots more to come. Many of the mods I'm planning wouldn't be possible without some of the write-ups here, so I want to contribute my experiences as well.

The base truck is:
2018 F150 Supercrew, 4x4, 157" wheelbase (6.5' bed)
502A Lariat package with Lariat Special Edition (SE) option
3.5L EcoBoost motor, 10-speed transmission
3.55:1 ELD, 7050# GVWR
Max Trailer Tow
Adaptive Cruise
Trailer-tow mirrors
FX4 off-road
Tech package
Inflatable rear safety belts
(Basically every option available)

Use: This truck will be a daily driver, used for emergency response to fire calls, as well as some other communications work I do.
Plans include: Console-to-column shifter conversion, Raptor steering wheel with functional paddles, extensive emergency vehicle upfit, bumpers, topper, tint, air compressor/horns, much more
Goals: Factory appearance/integration to factory systems whenever possible, minimal noise, no sacrifice of factory functionality/seating capacity/etc.

Here she is the first day home from the dealer. This was, unexpectedly, a special order, so there were only 3 miles on the clock to start. Much more coming soon!

The Following User Says Thank You to tvsjr For This Useful Post:
Jamesf150crew (09-02-2018)
Old 07-11-2018, 12:00 PM
Tommy

Thanked 1,334 Times in 982 Posts

Awesome....I'm following from day one!
Old 07-11-2018, 10:52 PM
TOTM Sept. '18

Thanked 1,289 Times in 882 Posts

You got it!

Congrats....I'll be doing just the opposite with the shiftier real soon.

Watching this one for sure.

Mike
Old 07-12-2018, 01:18 PM

Nice ride. Definitely takes some creativity to install lights/sirens. I forgot the body was aluminum when I ordered my '15 and went to put the magnetic light bar on the roof and realized it wouldn't stick.

I'm 2 weeks out from my SE getting delivered. Very similar to yours except XLT and Magnetic. Can't wait to see what you do.
​​​​​

Last edited by Davecn5; 07-12-2018 at 03:38 PM.
Old 07-12-2018, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Davecn5 View Post
Nice ride. Definitely takes some creativity to install lights/sirens. I forgot the body was aluminum when I ordered my '15 and went to put the magnetic light bar on the roof and realized it wouldn't stick.

I'm 2 weeks out from my SE getting delivered. Very similar to yours except XLT and Magnetic. Can't wait to see what you do.
​​​​​
Heh, yeah, no sticky so good!

Let's see, I've got:
Sound Off BluePrint control system
nForce interior lightbar (tri-color blue/red/white)
nForce traffic advisor (tri-color with mixed heads... RAW BAW BAW RAW RAW BAW BAW RAW)
4 dual stacked heads, 12 single stack heads, and 2 mini (Fit) heads for perimeter lighting
Dual speakers with dual amplifiers

If these little pop-up showers will stop, I'll wash it and show off the most recent changes. So far, I've done the tint (3M Crystalline), topper (ARE DCU), and front/rear bumpers (Fab Fours). BedRug goes in tonight. Might start working on the ambient lighting as well.
Old 07-12-2018, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by tvsjr View Post
Heh, yeah, no sticky so good!

Let's see, I've got:
Sound Off BluePrint control system
nForce interior lightbar (tri-color blue/red/white)
nForce traffic advisor (tri-color with mixed heads... RAW BAW BAW RAW RAW BAW BAW RAW)
4 dual stacked heads, 12 single stack heads, and 2 mini (Fit) heads for perimeter lighting
Dual speakers with dual amplifiers

If these little pop-up showers will stop, I'll wash it and show off the most recent changes. So far, I've done the tint (3M Crystalline), topper (ARE DCU), and front/rear bumpers (Fab Fours). BedRug goes in tonight. Might start working on the ambient lighting as well.
Nice. If you need more lights I've got a ton of red/white whelen stuff sitting in my basement. Lol. You in TX? One of the only places I know of that let's you run red/white/blue.
Old 07-12-2018, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Davecn5 View Post
Nice. If you need more lights I've got a ton of red/white whelen stuff sitting in my basement. Lol. You in TX? One of the only places I know of that let's you run red/white/blue.
Lol, well spotted... yes, I'm in Texas, by God!

I used to be a big Whelen user, but Sound Off has really come a long way. They were willing to sell me BluePrint (which is heavily restricted) when Whelen wouldn't even talk to me about Cantrol. And I don't have the water ingress/leak/etc. issue with their equipment (already have one truck running their lights) that I had with Whelen. I think Whelen's gotten a little too big for their britches.
Old 07-14-2018, 10:59 PM

So, it's been a busy last week or so... here are a few pictures of the recent changes.

First, after some informal polling, it was decided that the SE and FX4 stickers had to go. I did leave the decal on the hood, which is a nice touch, and of course the black/red emblems. But the gaudy stuff on the side is gone. And she got a full bath and quick detailing afterward, so no marks/adhesive remain.

Old 07-14-2018, 11:02 PM

For some reason, Ford found it wise to include chrome lug nuts on a blacked-out Special Edition truck. That just wouldn't do. The pictures make the black stand out... they were installed pre-wash, and I had been driving on a white rock road. They look much better with clean wheels and blacked tires. The chosen lug nuts were McGard spline-drive.

Before and after.

Old 07-14-2018, 11:06 PM

The front bumper was replaced with a Fab Fours Premium replacement front end with full guard and the Adaptive Cruise Control relocation bracket. This bumper actually has some damage and will be replaced soon, but the look will be the same...

I don't have a winch and probably won't add one... but I may add red shackles to the mounting points, just because. I'm also going to replace the Ford logo with a custom red/black emblem.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: tvsjr's 2018 F150 Lariat Special Edition (SE) build

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: