Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speaker Help

Old 04-24-2012, 09:59 AM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Speaker Help

Searched and could not find about up grading speakers, I just ordered some 6.5 speakers and I found where some has installed 6x5 speakers but did not find if anyone had to cut to make them fit and if it was a plug and play, I guess I'm asking if the factory speaker connectors fit the speakers or would I have to get new adapters to plug new speakers in ? I ordered JBL 3 way speakers for front and back. Any help would be greatly appreciated before my speakers came in.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:09 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

For my truck which is 2007, I just cut the wires heat shrinked them to the speakers. There is a speaker harness you can purchase to make for a cleaner install. I also beleive that there is an insert you can purchase so that 6x5s will fit into the 5x7 slots.
Old 04-24-2012, 04:36 PM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by supercrewlariat
Searched and could not find about up grading speakers, I just ordered some 6.5 speakers and I found where some has installed 6x5 speakers but did not find if anyone had to cut to make them fit and if it was a plug and play, I guess I'm asking if the factory speaker connectors fit the speakers or would I have to get new adapters to plug new speakers in ? I ordered JBL 3 way speakers for front and back. Any help would be greatly appreciated before my speakers came in.
Also will I need to install new amp to drive the speakers ?
Old 04-24-2012, 04:54 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I would if ur using factory HU. Rockford Fosgate pbr300x4 or it seems to be popular to wire in the Alpine Power pack to factory decks. There's a thread on it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Speaker Help